• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
8 8

213 posts in this topic

On 11/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, jimjum12 said:

I'm surprised this thread has gone 5 pages and no one has posted the book that actually IS the best cover of the BA. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

CONAN KS1  CGC 94.jpg

I recently bought this because of the cover. I had it as a kid but had totally forgotten about it until I ran into it at a flea market. However, when I got home, I realized it had horrible odors coming from it so I reluctantly sold it.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:07 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I posted this in a classic covers thread and it probably remains my favorite bronze  although I have to say the horror/mystery/war runs from DC are filled with favorites

208639095_DrStrange1.thumb.jpg.5bdfc4085c508ac7f6f4487ba21431f3.thumb.jpg.02226a08c9949a295190ad6e9852985a.jpg

Brunner made a lot of great covers, including this one, but my favorite is Marvel Premiere #9.

On 12/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, ramrod44 said:

Just about any Wrightson DC horror cover would be worthy of consideration but I really love this cover:

SuperDCgiant21cgc9.4fc_zpspsg43lpy.jpg

There is one just like it in Clinks current auction if you agree and gotta have one right now. :bigsmile:

Armentano entered the boom book industry, drew his one and only cover, which turns out to be one of the greatest Bronze Age covers. Then he leaves. Imagine what could have been had he stuck around…

On 12/13/2021 at 1:06 AM, grendelbo said:

This is too hard to decide upon. And many contenders have already been shown.

I will mention one comicbook, which is up there but not necessarily my favorite. I rotate this one on display maybe too often. I don't get tired of looking at the cover. Everything from the colors to the panels to the dynamic of the cover action works for me.

138966470_MarvelSpotlight02.thumb.jpg.6132ba27c90a3499d65bee962b5fe034.jpg

Multi-panel cover by the great Neal Adams! Interesting pick (thumbsu

On 12/6/2021 at 10:49 PM, PopKulture said:

Green Lantern 76, Conan 1, Superman 233, Batman 227 - none of these are Bronze??  :shiftyeyes:

Agreed those books along with HOM 92 defined the start of bronze age. In my mind there is no 1 and 0 type delineation from Silver to Bronze (nor Bronze to Copper) more of a book by book basis.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Like Stan wrote "Nuff Said!"

duW5nXjnZwUYhTrdd2mm29ARj_-NriE3xmJK87dnVAcHZ2yQyyHDLVRGd86YVAFAUbzqv_bihrbX=s1600

One of my all-time favorite covers. I'm lucky enough to have a 9.8 copy of this beauty. Most of all, I love the bright yellow section in the background. While it looks amazing, it never made sense to me. What the hell is that supposed to be?

On 11/24/2021 at 1:45 PM, namisgr said:

For the drama much more so than the art.  Never was it more important to read a bronze age comic than after seeing this cover:

ASM121front2-2.JPG.ef6db4f1e0731699c3f8198c4f364638.JPG

One of the best covers ever. I've got two high grade copies at CGC right now. I had them cleaned and pressed and I'm hoping for the best. They're both north of 9.0 but how far north is anyone's guess. Cheers!

On 12/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, Extrovert said:

One of my all-time favorite covers. I'm lucky enough to have a 9.8 copy of this beauty. Most of all, I love the bright yellow section in the background. While it looks amazing, it never made sense to me. What the hell is that supposed to be?

I always thought it was "daylight" in between buildings, like he met spidey in a back alley in New York lol 

On 12/7/2021 at 4:06 PM, paqart said:

I recently bought this because of the cover. I had it as a kid but had totally forgotten about it until I ran into it at a flea market. However, when I got home, I realized it had horrible odors coming from it so I reluctantly sold it.

I had the same problem with an absolute edition of The Long Halloween. It was remarked by Tim Sale and everything. I didn’t pay that much for it… but I really liked having it, until I caught a whiff of this awful odour. So I reluctantly sold it. 
Bought another copy, no remark this time of course, same odour! 
FFS. 

Clearly it was the glue. Sold the 2nd copy too