• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
8 8

213 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2021 at 4:13 AM, fett said:

what an impossible choice :frustrated: only one? only ONE????

OK it's one of these :banana: (maybe)

DoctorStrange005.jpg

DeadlyHandsOfKungFu019.jpg

FantasticFour159.jpg

Conan088.jpg

Giant-SizeMan-Thing004.jpg

VampireTalesAnnual001.jpg

Great books but did you read the point of this thread? The exercise here is for you to make a decision after seriously assessing your Bronze Age covers. All of us here have many favorites and can post them but there can only be one book- remember the film Highlander? If you can’t choose one book then don’t post any. Only one book. Can you please pick one from the great set you posted to follow the thread’s goal? Thanks (thumbsu

On 11/24/2021 at 2:58 AM, jdandns said:

If just 1, I'll go with Superman Vs. Ali.

(Runnerups would be the first issues Dark Mansion & Sinister House, closely followed by Star Wars #1)

aliT2.JPG

That cover IS a wowser. I remember buying it from the factory outlet store we used to go to. Muhammed Ali was at his zenith then. Just about ready to start into his descent. We had fun trying to identify the people in the audience. Values on this have gotten out of control. Shoulda coulda woulda bought one in 2019.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:38 AM, Randall Ries said:

That cover IS a wowser. I remember buying it from the factory outlet store we used to go to. Muhammed Ali was at his zenith then. Just about ready to start into his descent. We had fun trying to identify the people in the audience. Values on this have gotten out of control. Shoulda coulda woulda bought one in 2019.

It's a blurry pic ... I see Batman and what might be Jimmy Carter.  Who else is in there?

On 11/24/2021 at 9:53 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's a blurry pic ... I see Batman and what might be Jimmy Carter.  Who else is in there?

Rosaylnn Carter. Hal Linden. Lucille Ball. Lex Luthor. Batman. Sonny Bono. Tons of people. There is a key on the inner cover outlining everyone Adams drew into the crowd.