• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
8 8

213 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, D2 said:

Na na na na na na na na na....

Bat jammies!

image.png.120b943c54c459e32be304122c7f20d8.png

Also, I actually had Bat-jammies very similar to those as a kid, and Superman ones too. They had a cape that attached with velcro at the shoulders. If my wife wouldn't divorce me over it, I'd consider having some adult ones made. xD

On 12/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Also, I actually had Bat-jammies very similar to those as a kid, and Superman ones too. They had a cape that attached with velcro at the shoulders. If my wife wouldn't divorce me over it, I'd consider having some adult ones made. xD

Well if you could find a way to incorporate it into sexy bedroom cosplay, she doesn’t need to know your real intentions. 

On 12/5/2021 at 11:34 PM, Off Panel said:

976619061_ASM148.thumb.png.367e113fdf9e7a0698bccc471faccc62.png

I've always loved everything about this cover:

• The bold perspective as we look up to see Spidey falling toward us.
  • A glimpse into our villain's personalities: Tarantula will put his back into throwing Spider-man off the bridge, but the slimy Jackal has to get in one last dirty kick.
  • Gwen's clone standing passively on the bridge where she died, holding her coat closed against the wind.
  • That gorgeous blue gradient that made this cover stand out from all the books around it.

I'm sure there were better covers in the Bronze Age, but this is my favorite.

Also this is a perfect cover to show off Gil Kane's strengths.  With his mask on, Spidey doesn't have any nostrils -- which is a good thing because otherwise Kane would make sure to force us to look directly up into them.

• A glimpse into our villain's personalities: Tarantula will put his back into throwing Spider-man off the bridge, but the slimy Jackal has to get in one last dirty kick.
  • Gwen's clone standing passively on the bridge where she died, holding her coat closed against the wind.
  • That gorgeous blue gradient that made this cover stand out from all the books around it.

Great pick and thanks for pointing out why it’s your favorite!

On 12/6/2021 at 7:01 AM, namisgr said:

My favorite Kane Spidey cover of the Bronze Age:

ASM104Suscha.thumb.jpg.7c7534226544c7b7d48d70c1572d1ae1.jpg

This one is on my very short list of 9.6 upgrades I still need.  I've basically given up on finding one that doesn't have any white showing along the spine, they all seem to have it.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 12/6/2021 at 8:53 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This one is on my very short list of 9.6 upgrades I still need.  I've basically given up on finding one that doesn't have any white showing along the spine, they all seem to have it.

In the days before CGC, I found this at my local comic shop from a small but pristine collection of some early Bronze.  There was also an ASM120 that later graded 9.8 without manipulation.

ASM104first.jpg.f9b84ee7ae9cb8895c8a00588fd3702c.jpg

Edited by namisgr

This would be my second choice.  Great reasons you articulate!  I remember buying this book back in the day and shortly there after started a 35 year run.  I do think that blue gradient is the favorite aspect of this cover.  

On 12/6/2021 at 11:05 AM, Spider-Variant said:

This would be my second choice.  Great reasons you articulate!  I remember buying this book back in the day and shortly there after started a 35 year run.  I do think that blue gradient is the favorite aspect of this cover.  

2nd fave Bronze Spidey ( my 1st is 136 )