What is "recent visitors block"
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I received an email that indicates a member responded to a topic I posted and shows the content of the member's post.  However, when I try to access it on CGC, I cannot see the post on the topic.  When I try to find it by the member, it says the member has no recent activity and has the notation below displayed.  Is that a setting on my account that blocks the content or is it something else?

Thanks

image.png.5908bb0e71ab24999166c386d4fa7534.png

On 11/23/2021 at 7:08 PM, Dan'el said:

I received an email that indicates a member responded to a topic I posted and shows the content of the member's post.  However, when I try to access it on CGC, I cannot see the post on the topic.  When I try to find it by the member, it says the member has no recent activity and has the notation below displayed.  Is that a setting on my account that blocks the content or is it something else?

Thanks

image.png.5908bb0e71ab24999166c386d4fa7534.png

Hello Dan'el. Any relation to Jor-El? :)

Members can decide whether to enable or disable the 'Recent Profile Visitors' block on their profile pages, which shows who has recently stopped by. The image you posted above shows that the member in question has set it to not show. That is their choice, as it is yours, on your profile page. They may be the secretive type.

Your 'Recent Profile Visitors' block is enabled, which is why you will see my lovely face on it now, or when you next visit it:

Capture.PNG.0ff98616eb19c9ed903efa737782fc99.PNG

Isn't she lovely. Not so keen on that Rakehell chap though. Never trust a hare.

Now, if you are looking at the profile page of someone from whom you received a notification of a post, but there is no activity showing on their profile page, and the post in question no longer appears in the thread it was posted in, then that may mean that they have been suspended or banned as a member. They may have posted something jolly nasty and forced the moderators to open up a can of whoop-ass on them, and jettison them and their crummy posting history from the forum.

I haven't said whoop-ass in a long time by the way, and I kind of like it. 

Anyway, that is probably what has happened here. Hope it helped.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Hello Dan'el. Any relation to Jor-El?

Not sure about that. I tried to track it through my 23andMe genetic profile but they do not do inter-stellar traces.  Certainly no super powers to speak of - nothing helpful anyway.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

They may have posted something jolly nasty and forced the moderators to open up a can of whoop-ass on them, and jettison them and their crummy posting history from the forum.

That may have been the issue.  I could see what they posted in the email and it did kinda call into question my character in a back-handed sorta way.   No big thing.  Nothing close to (or as colorful as) the many observations of the exes on the subject of my character, but I did think it merited a reply if it was posted.