• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage says “Hold My Beer”
2 2

88 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 10:18 PM, szav said:

With their new fee structure it’d cost him like 50-60k to reslab it.  I know he’s tall and all but I’m not sure he’d wanna do that on this one.

Holy mackerel! I thought slabbing fees maxed out at $3K. I'm glad I don't swim in that end of the pool.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Cool! Anyone know the story behind Rocket Copies? 

It's aptly named "The Rocket Copy" because the front cover bears the stamped imprint of a rocket ship that was applied by the 13-year old who bought this copy of Action Comics #1 off the stands in 1938.

It's the first original-owner copy of the issue Heritage offered since the Billy Wright copy in 2012, and it's the highest-graded copy they’ve ever presented.

Edited by Terry JSA

The 8.5 (granted a rusty staple 8.5) went for 3.25 mil in April this year...pretty surprised to hear people predicting almost the same for a 6.0.  There's been a good bit of inflation but...for this to get the same or even close to the 8.5 is like saying the value of the book has gone up 2.5 times in that time period.

I may change my tune after we see where the 3.0 lands but I'll be impressed if the 6.0 breaks 2 mil. 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:53 PM, szav said:

The 8.5 (granted a rusty staple 8.5) went for 3.25 mil in April this year...pretty surprised to hear people predicting almost the same for a 6.0.  There's been a good bit of inflation but...for this to get the same or even close to the 8.5 is like saying the value of the book has gone up 2.5 times in that time period.

I may change my tune after we see where the 3.0 lands but I'll be impressed if the 6.0 breaks 2 mil. 

I don't see $3,000,000 in any universe but I do see $2,000,000, easily. A 5.5 sold for nearly $1,000,000 five years ago and the floodgates have opened since. At that point there was pressure holding back books from hitting $1,000,000 again. Now we're going to see a $1,000,000 book every month. There will be two in this Heritage auction. Two!

On 11/26/2021 at 7:13 PM, rob_react said:

so Heritage is just playing catch-up

It may appear that way, but in actuality Heritage is just about to lap CC... again.

We'll see about 2 million, everyone else is calling it, but I personally would have a hard time eating that high a price on a 6.0 so soon after the aforementioned 8.5.

Edited by szav