• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan Heritage Auction putting up some nice artwork
4 4

414 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, artdealer said:

Interesting fact about GL #85. 
It was taken from the engravers back in the day. It never made it back to DC. 

Very interesting. I know a lot of pages from the Hard Traveling Heroes story arc have sold through auction over the years but I've hardly seen any of the covers.

I do know that Albert Moy owns the cover to GL #76 and Scott Williams owns the cover to GL #87.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:07 PM, Terry JSA said:

Very interesting. I know a lot of pages from the Hard Traveling Heroes story arc have sold through auction over the years but I've hardly seen any of the covers.

I do know that Albert Moy owns the cover to GL #76 and Scott Williams owns the cover to GL #87.

I’m not talking about the cover. I’m talking about the interiors for #85 

I sold the covers for GL #88 and 89 for Adams back in 1977

On 12/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Maybe not the artwork, but the dialogue is terrific. Darn Commie warlords. I wonder what unspeakable acts they would do to American women. 😂

For me it is the lack of some Ironman action.  I would love to see a page with Ironman in it come to auction :shy:

On 11/27/2021 at 6:45 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is it possible to like and dislike the Ditko Spidey splash simultaneously? 

Love the image.  Would be better if Spidey's mask was on.  Dislike the amount of space devoted to the title and text. 

Kinda reminds me of the #9 splash in terms of its layout.  I much prefer the #9...

On 12/5/2021 at 1:23 AM, romitaman said:

The consignor contacted me and showed me this and the previous page where spidey turns on the machine to create a new costume......I offered him 250k cash for this page and the previous page and he said Heritage told him he will do better with them so he consigned them.....So we shall see how he made out.

WOW, I don’t follow that artwork but that seems like a pretty strong offer.