• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC plans to start hosting grading contests on a regular basis!
10 10

129 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, kav said:

I think the books I won also came with a $20 bill if I remember correctly.  I've donated things in the $200 range and my pockets are by no means deep.

I would donate my time to give grade estimates.  That’s about all I can afford these days. :facepalm:

On 11/23/2021 at 7:20 PM, sevans1979 said:

Sounds fun. I’ve never done one of these. 

image.gif.e7cf9d11834419efbf64eec96e12e1f2.gif

typically there are rounds of like 2-3 books at a time so the suspense is incredible.  all the books at once wont have that factor but much easier to host and 4 times a year is great.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, kav said:

The values of those books is comparable to what have been offered in the past by green ham and other boardies.  Its not outlandish.  I won 2 $200 books in one contest and I placed 11th.

You'll get two free buffet coupons and like it!

On 11/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, kav said:

mixed books.  GA and SA usually are the funnest to grade.  Any way they could have some alternate prize for ppl that dont submit?  I'll do my best but if top prize is something I cant use it kind of dilutes the fun for me.

So... you're already imagining coming in 1st place? 

BiodegradableConsiderateAntbear-size_restricted.gif

:baiting: :grin:

Edited by jcjames