• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Official Holiday Raffle Thread - Join by 12/21 or Go Pound Sand!!!
19 19

1,714 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2021 at 10:28 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Question, should be there a suggested value donation?  I mean it would be like a school fundraiser where all raffle tickets are $50.  It wouldnt be fair if someone got in with a $20 ticket right? 

I don't think anyone responded, so I will!

This is a great question people should ask themselves as they join. Just like any holiday some give to be generous, some gift so they can get, and many are a mixture of both. But I would hate for someone to stay out if they think their gifts are not as "valuable" as those offered. It's O Henry come to life. (shrug)

Put me down for a...with a Sig Series book included! :yeehaw:

MYSTERY BOX– dankmeme.com

US shipping only :preach:

Edited by s-man

Question, should be there a suggested value donation?  I mean it would be like a school fundraiser where all raffle tickets are $50.  It wouldnt be fair if someone got in with a $20 ticket right? 

Look at last year's entries to get an idea--this generally isn't an issue.

Plenty of variety in these donations and that is fine. Some people donate prizes that may value a couple hundred dollars (these are generally chosen first), others prizes in the $50-100 range and some less. And besides it’s not always about the dollar value. Someone may have a $50 book or package that someone really wants over say a $100 gift card. 

I think as long as your prize isn’t a bunch of tattered coverless 90s comics as part of your “mystery box” donation, then whatever you come up with will be loved by someone!

On 11/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I think as long as your prize isn’t a bunch of tattered coverless 90s comics as part of your “mystery box” donation, then whatever you come up with will be loved by someone!

Dammit you spoiled my mystery box!!:yeehaw:

On 11/24/2021 at 7:20 PM, shadroch said:

How strange is it that mystery boxes are so popular here, but banned the rest of the year.

Its a mystery :bigsmile: