• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Conan #4

28 posts in this topic

Is that a CB crease near RE of FC?

If not..9.2, maaybe 9.4

If yes, 9.0

Y'know I am shocked that this one slipped by me? I must say I didn't pick it up in hand, and now I only have the scan to go by - it appears to be a crease or a scratch. This is a good example of how difficult it can be to select which books to send in.

It may be a scanner scratch, but I honestly can't recall 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Y'know I am shocked that this one slipped by me? I must say I didn't pick it up in hand, and now I only have the scan to go by - it appears to be a crease or a scratch. This is a good example of how difficult it can be to select which books to send in.

It may be a scanner scratch, but I honestly can't recall 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hear ya.

I scanned my books in large batches (they're not easily accessible) and it can be

difficult to recall details sometimes. I have to go burrowing to answer questions

sometimes...

Here's to hoping it's a scanner scratch.. thumbsup2.gif

Is that a CB crease near RE of FC?

If not..9.2, maaybe 9.4

If yes, 9.0

Agree except I'll go 9.2 if it's not there, 8.5 if it is. sumo.gif

-Top right front corner crease

-Bottom right corner blunting

-slight small spine cracks ( conan logo sword, under marvel, and above second staple )

-it also has the quality production off centering that plagues this book.

My personal grade is 8.0-8.5 without considering whether the right side thing is a crease or not.

But what do I know, you all know I cant grade worth a darn off these scans!

Artboy99

-Top right front corner crease

-Bottom right corner blunting

-slight small spine cracks ( conan logo sword, under marvel, and above second staple )

-it also has the quality production off centering that plagues this book.

My personal grade is 8.0-8.5 without considering whether the right side thing is a crease or not.

But what do I know, you all know I cant grade worth a darn off these scans!

Artboy99

I dunno, a fairly accurate summary, I'd say thumbsup2.gif I'm thinkin' it'll get a 9.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I disagree with the QP comment, as the book is perfectly cut and as square as they come. If you're referring to the downward slant of the lines in the price block, I believe they just screwed the pooch on the art there, as the FC "fits" front to back and corner to corner . . . sumo.gif

It is possible to find Conan #4 without that weird slant though, and to me, those books would be of higher demand.

Still, I have always loved that cover, and have my own book ( looks alot like yours ) hanging in a frame on my hallway wall.

smile.gif

Artboy99