Need Help sending in a spider-magazine (bigger size than a comic book)
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I want to sumbit these two magazines and the smaller ASHCAN edition book. What's the best way to go about it?

p.s.

I also have the watched the 2 shipping/packing youtube vides on the site and I have purchased/received the package kit with the white boards and clear sheets.

IMG_8472.JPG

On 11/26/2021 at 2:02 PM, Raney said:

I want to sumbit these two magazines and the smaller ASHCAN edition book. What's the best way to go about it?

p.s.

I also have the watched the 2 shipping/packing youtube vides on the site and I have purchased/received the package kit with the white boards and clear sheets.

IMG_8472.JPG

You don't need the kit to send in comics if you have supplies of your own, but since you bought a kit you should have what you need to ship the two regular sized comics. Magazines require a magazine bag and board. I have not used the CGC kits before, but you will need to check the size of bags that came in the kit. You can go to a local comic shop and buy two magazine boards and bags if you need to. Likewise, the box in the kit to place the comics in may not be big enough for mags so you will have to check that. Lastly, you have two magazines and two comics, there is a difference when you create your order on the website so make sure to select the right type of book you are sending when you enter the info. You can always send the two regular sized comics first, go get the right material for shipping the mags, and then create a separate magazine order.

When preparing, place your comics carefully on the white board and there should be a more shiny or slick side of the board - the other side should be dull. The shiny/slick side is where you lay the back of the comic on. Slide the board with the comic on it carefully into the bag being careful not to catch the bottom corners of the comic. The flap of the bag should be toward the back once the comic is inserted. Take a tiny piece of Scotch tape and seal the flap, like an inch of tape is all you need.

Secure the books so they do not move within the box they gave you but do not use an excessive amount of tape as you can risk damaging your comics more that what may already exist. On most occasions blue painters tape works just fine for securing books together if done right. I normally use Gemini type mailers and place 5-8 comics in one mailer at a time, then place one or two mailers in a priority mail box for sending (packed well so the little box containing the comics do not move around). I personally ship with priority mail through USPS; however, I have them sent back to me via UPS.

There is some basic info for you I hope that helps.

Good luck!:fourleafclover: