• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double cover question
1 1

14 posts in this topic

I actually have a very rare early Uncanny X-Men #12 double cover. Didn't grade very high but the double cover for that book is very rare.

I have only seen one other and mine is the only double cover listed on CGC.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:05 AM, ToBeContinued... said:

Aren't all double covers very rare?

Some are much rarer than others. For example, it is much easier to find Avengers DCs in the 80s and early 90s than to find them in the 70s as far as the issue numbers go. The Fifteen cent cover era seems to have produced more DCs than the periods before or after.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:05 AM, ToBeContinued... said:

Aren't all double covers very rare?

Yes, but they also have a slight tendency to come in groups.  If something is screwing up the mechanism and allowing double covers to be created, it's more likely to happen on other copies of the book or other books that came out the same time.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:02 AM, cklamer said:

I actually have a very rare early Uncanny X-Men #12 double cover. Didn't grade very high but the double cover for that book is very rare.

I have only seen one other and mine is the only double cover listed on CGC.

I have a CGC 6.5 X-Men #12 Double Cover and I have seen two more so there is at least 3 or 4 copies of that book.