• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is a poll to give Golden Age its own Selling Forum (split it from Gold/Silver/Bronze Age Only) Your vote matters!

27 posts in this topic

A proposal has been made to the MODs to change the Gold/Silver/Bronze Age Selling Only Forum in the Forum Only Selling Marketplace into two separate selling places; one for Golden Age and the other for Silver/Bronze.  The MOD has said if a majority of people were in favor of this change, they would be willing to support the change.  Voting is open for 4 weeks, ending Sunday, December 26th at 11:59 PM. Here is a link to the poll. Please vote.

Poll to separate Golden Age Selling Forum

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 11/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, Robot Man said:

At first thought it might sound like a good idea to me as I am primarily a GA guy. I think it might be a short forum though.

What would happen to the sellers of all 3 eras though? Often sellers mix up all 3 in one thread. And there is always some “do gooder snitch” who takes great fun in turning in some one who posts a mix.

As some of you know, I, from time to time run a large “Junk” thread. I often have a mix of all 3 eras. And, to keep it fun, I usually mix in some things that although are comic related, are not actual comic books. Luckily, I have not been turned in and had my thread shut down.

So I am a little torn on this idea...

....and that's why there is a poll to vote.  The poll is for the next 4 weeks, ending Sunday, December 26th at 11:59 PM.  Take your time, vote when you're ready or don't vote if you feel unsure.

I know sellers seem to say it will make selling harder. I don't know.  I can see that, but at the same time the idea of reaching your sellers would make the sell easier for buyers to find.  I imagine a number of those same sellers here are on ebay as well, and that is split by ages (and terribly moderated, as Modern books can be found in every age section.)  The one true consensus I feel is that the "mixed ages" forum is a place where books go to sleep. I've seen this mentioned more than a few times.  I can see both sides of this. 

Yeah, the “Mixed” forum is a bit of a dead zone to me. I spot check the GA/SA/BA section periodically every day when I have a few minutes. But I only check the “Mixed” section every few days. Seems a lot slower. Probably why I chance the former thread when selling.

I do buy other aged other than just GA on occasion. Usually on impulse when I see something cool.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, Finhead said:

I could see a GA/SA Forum and BA on it's own, but I agree with @Robot Man GA by itself would be a pretty short/bare forum.

I view that as a feature, not a bug, though.  A smaller GA forum where I could actually keep an eye out for stuff that interests me, rather than the G/S/B forum where there's too much stuff I'm not interested in, would make me more likely to grab stuff off the forums.  As it stands now, almost all my purchases here have been when I've been directed to a specific thread or item from elsewhere in the forums.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:33 PM, grebal said:

I wouldn't support just making GA a new sub-forum, for a total of 4 sub-forums incl. MISC. 

But I would support a change to (1) GA and (2) SA/BA/Copper and (3) Modern.  For one thing- I might never have to gaze upon another modern comic outside of shows.

Probably reflects my bias - for a long time my world was SA/BA/CA, until I broadened my world to include GA. 

I just posted something similar in comics general. To me, the copper buyer has much more in common with G/S/B than modern. That may be my bias as I have little interest in anything post 1990/1991ish (my "golden age" of collecting). I do not support a split for Gold into its own forum. I would support moving modern into its own forum. Otherwise, I would stand pat on the existing format. 

On 11/28/2021 at 12:59 PM, Shrevvy said:

I would support moving modern into its own forum.

Yep… I’d look at copper more often but basically never do because of the ocean of comics I don’t want to sift through.

I think others have said this already but if it was felt change was needed at all I’d rather see 1) GA/SA, 2) BA/CA, 3) Modern, 4) mixed/misc

On 11/28/2021 at 3:38 PM, szav said:

Yep… I’d look at copper more often but basically never do because of the ocean of comics I don’t want to sift through.

I think others have said this already but if it was felt change was needed at all I’d rather see 1) GA/SA, 2) BA/CA, 3) Modern, 4) mixed/misc

My preference is G/S/B/C in one forum and Modern in a forum by itself. Otherwise, I'd leave the format as is. 

On 11/28/2021 at 12:38 PM, szav said:

Excellent split to me. From bronze to modern, I bought everything I would want new off the racks. Pays to be a  :preach:

I voted to split them out and I would prefer a listing of 

Platinum (1897-1937)

Gold (1938-1947)

Atomic (1948-1955)

Silver (1956-1969)

Bronze (1970-1985)

Copper (1985 - 2000)

Modern (2001 - present)

We can argue about exact dates for the ages but I think it makes it easier to know where to post.

I voted to split, but as of now, it's percentage is at 42, while voting to keep things as they are is at almost 58%.  Frankly I feel that it's a waste of my time to go into a sales thread where the title includes, "Golden Age", as an obvious teaser, only to find a plethora of code approved fare to have to either wade through, or O/W and more frequently,  I'll just leave.  And I don't care if they're Silver or any of the other metals, it's all chaff to me.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, batman_fan said:

I voted to split them out and I would prefer a listing of 

Platinum (1897-1937)

Gold (1938-1947)

Atomic (1948-1955)

Silver (1956-1969)

Bronze (1970-1985)

Copper (1985 - 2000)

Modern (2001 - present)

We can argue about exact dates for the ages but I think it makes it easier to know where to post.

You forgot the big one...Osmium Age (200 BC to 1896 AD)  :gossip:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

While this would make browsing for relevant era sales easier, I feel it would stifle many sellers who now have to post in multiple places. I'm a lazy man and often I myself would opt to not list the few Copper/Modern books I might have available since they would have to be on their own when I'm listing a slew of books in one thread (and find 'mixed' to be super dead, so its better to just ignore copper/modern outright and focus on only ever selling GA/SA/BA).

More robust search options and sellers who actually tag their posts correctly would be a better solution :D