• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect Signature Placement
5 5

137 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, Pantodude said:

Here's another CGC SS (as usual, cropped out the slab in my archived scans -- prefer my slideshow that way).  Despite having 3 sigs plus remarks by all three, managed to minimize impact on artwork, especially the faces and Enterprise! 

1632903655_StarTrekYearFive(2019)1(CGC9.8SS)-croppedt.thumb.jpg.d7d71083da9d0190d52df164376c6239.jpg

Did Nimoy sign it also? Great cover!

On 12/9/2021 at 10:20 PM, PhantomEwan said:

0288042F-B9CB-43C5-BA86-1D1A20FE4AAA.jpeg

Nice!  Ahnold definitely has the potential to destroy a book cover.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:38 PM, darkness7 said:

Would this count?

AA470AC7-30BF-4BB4-8131-15BB49F49D75.jpeg.11e7795cdca68a8232fbce0e9f42e738.jpeg

Nice book!  But IMO no its not the best placement for the sig.  With Nimoy's pose and hand gesture the sig would be perfect under said hand, in the space just to the right of the color picture.  This would take away any distraction or cover up the sig gives to the hand gesture.  That having been said any yellow label of his would be awesome to have no matter where the sig is placed!

I forgot about this one.  Not my most valuable, but maybe my favorite book, as Miller's initial run on DD will always be my favorite run of my favorite character.  And this example features the signatures of almost everyone responsible for that run:  DD's creator (Stan), writer/artist (Miller), artist (Janson), editor (O'Neil), and editor-in-chief (Shooter).  The only ones missing are Glynnis Wein (who did not color this issue) and Joe Rosen (the inker, who passed away awhile ago).

I also love the placement and quality of the sigs.  Even Miller made his signature more appealing than his usual scrawl.

DD187.jpg

On 12/14/2021 at 10:25 AM, CardiacKid1 said:

I forgot about this one.  Not my most valuable, but maybe my favorite book, as Miller's initial run on DD will always be my favorite run of my favorite character.  And this example features the signatures of almost everyone responsible for that run:  DD's creator (Stan), writer/artist (Miller), artist (Janson), editor (O'Neil), and editor-in-chief (Shooter).  The only ones missing are Glynnis Wein (who did not color this issue) and Joe Rosen (the inker, who passed away awhile ago).

I also love the placement and quality of the sigs.  Even Miller made his signature more appealing than his usual scrawl.

DD187.jpg

Nice grouping, very well placed!

On 12/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, PhantomEwan said:

With how often it seemed Stan intentionally signed in the worst place possible, I was quite pleased with his signature placement on this one.

BAFF8DEB-934D-478B-9E5B-575934E91D84.jpeg

Nice placement from both creators.

My only Stan Lee was a book from my own collection and I was very pleased with the placement!

1980603750_LeeStanXM8001.thumb.jpg.b45110d42a1d270c8caed37dfabca02c.jpg