• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else tired of comic book movies?
1 1

177 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I haven't seen that one either. Go ahead and lay it on me. lol

worst movie I have seen in a very long time. (***Edit: Hard to decide if Bruce Willis' Apex is the worst movie I have seen in a long time )

There is far too much wrong with the WW84 movie to really go into it here but a tidbit of how awful the writing is:

-the main villain takes a stone that grants the holder a wish, he wishes to become the stone itself and therefore he can grant wishes. He doesn't seem to have the understanding to know that granting everyone wishes will destroy the world as we know it, and the world contains his own family. Just baffling.

-Worse: Wonder Woman wishes for the return of her love Steve Trevor, but instead of just having him return, the writers decide his spirit takes over the body of some random guy. Wonder Woman throws away her superior moral center by having sex with this random dude /possessed body. Cringe.

Are movie executives so clueless as to what is quality writing? They green lit WW84 based on the --script they were given? Just shocking.

Edited by Artboy99

On 11/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

You mean is anyone else tired of the MCU?

I'm not. Give me more please.

And judging by the MCU's pandemic box office numbers, Disney+ premium streaming numbers for Black Widow, and the viewership numbers for every Disney+ show so far, I think a lot of people feel the same way.

That's how LCD works.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Artboy99 said:

-Worse: Wonder Woman wishes for the return of her love Steve Trevor, but instead of just having him return, the writers decide his spirit takes over the body of some random guy. Wonder Woman throws away her superior moral center by having sex with this random dude /possessed body. Cringe.

Being aware of this part of the movie, I simply don't understand what the writers were thinking.

I'm not a great writer; I haven't been in a long time. I just don't understand how big-money writers and decision-makers let things like this make it to the final creative processes. Any simpleton could tell them that it sucks, and that it's objectively bad. Are they drawing inspiration from Rob Schneider movies, or what?

On 11/29/2021 at 8:09 PM, Artboy99 said:

Black Widow is not able to attack the villain because of his scent, putting her in the situation where she decides to break her own nose.

I can't argue with this gripe. For such a serious film, I thought that was kinda ridiculous plot point for its importance to the outcome of the movie. But I also had a lot of gripes with the creative choices taken in Black Widow, like why would the Russians build their super max prison in a valley that's apparently prone to devastating avalanches and has this prison not experienced any such avalanches in the past? There were a lot of such questions in Black Widow that it hampered my ability to lose myself in the movie. I did love Yelena though and I look forward to her appearance in the so far excellent Hawkeye.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:32 PM, Artboy99 said:

I think the writers may have been trying to spoof the actual 80’s movies where this weird plot line happened. Of course the timing is bad today and people were screaming on twitter, “She raped that (lucky) guy!” But believe me, I’m not trying to defend this turd at all. 

On 11/30/2021 at 1:04 PM, ▫️ said:

I think the writers may have been trying to spoof the actual 80’s movies where this weird plot line happened. Of course the timing is bad today and people were screaming on twitter, “She raped that (lucky) guy!” But believe me, I’m not trying to defend this turd at all. 

Did the guy have memory of the experience? If not, then he is unlucky.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:08 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Did the guy have memory of the experience? If not, then he is unlucky.

There is a scene where she bumps into him after its all over and Steve is gone. They share a look. He has some familiarization with her. I like to think she pretty much ruined this guys psyche to the point that he’ll never be happy with another woman. The price you pay for being raped by Gadot.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:17 PM, ▫️ said:

There is a scene where she bumps into him after its all over and Steve is gone. They share a look. He has some familiarization with her. I like to think she pretty much ruined this guys psyche to the point that he’ll never be happy with another woman. The price you pay for being raped by Gadot.

Yeah, rape ain't cool, but if you're single and straight I can imagine that your only complaint is that you weren't in control of the experience with someone as beautiful as Gal Gadot. Your body got used by her and you weren't even her target. :(

On 11/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, ▫️ said:

not Gadot, but Wonder Woman who is a beautiful princess of an Amazon society. 

Edited by Artboy99

To answer the title question - no. Love comic book movies, TV series, etc. Lean towards Marvel but will give DC a try and enjoy when something other than from the big 2 comes up on Netflix or Prime or something else for me to get a taste of. 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:00 PM, Hamlet said:

They are currently making more comic movies and shows than I am interested in seeing.  I watched Shang-Chi and Black Widow on Disney+ over the holiday weekend and I frankly got a little bored.  I think the movies themselves were fine, but I’m just tired of the Marvel superhero movie formula at this point.  

It's natural, and expected.  Soon you'll also become tired of your comic books, feel differently towards girls or maybe boys, and get hair in strange, new places.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 11/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, fantastic_four said:

It's natural, and expected.  Soon you'll also become tired of your comic books, feel differently towards girls or maybe boys, and get hair in strange, new places.

Do you get tired of Star Wars? No. Since the Original Trilogy, all Lucasfilm has done is make bad movies about the same thing and the same characters over and over and over again, but fans still clamor for that creatively dead franchise. Can we get a show about baby Obi Wan next? At least Marvel Studios gives us new heroes and new villains. If Disney has anything to do with it and they do, Marvel is going nowhere. I just don't understand why this is a problem for so many of you here. Did y'all invest in the wrong comic book company keys or something?

Edited by @therealsilvermane