• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else tired of comic book movies?
1 1

177 posts in this topic

They are currently making more comic movies and shows than I am interested in seeing.  I watched Shang-Chi and Black Widow on Disney+ over the holiday weekend and I frankly got a little bored.  I think the movies themselves were fine, but I’m just tired of the Marvel superhero movie formula at this point.  

If I’m reaching the point where I’m tired of these movies and shows, I gotta think that the average movie viewer can’t be far behind. 

Is anyone else thinking along these lines?

Agreed, the formula is way overused at this point.  You and I have discussed this more than once but I don't think it's going to change until they get punished at the box office.

Also, glad you're getting caught up on the movies!  :baiting: :wink:  :foryou:  :devil:

Edited by Randall Dowling

Plenty of other movies to see 

I love how HBO max has a large selection of criterion collection movies

watched La Strada (saw it many years ago) the other night 

the marvel formula is a Disney formula used on all their movies

do not expect this to change 

Once Disney took over the MCU, I lost interest.  I'll still watch the next Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy, but I haven't seen anything since Avengers: Endgame.  That was the end of the story for me...so to speak.  I'm not even sure if I'll pay attention to any upcoming DC movies.  It's a money grab, in my opinion.  Kind of pathetic....(shrug)

On 11/29/2021 at 12:00 PM, Hamlet said:

They are currently making more comic movies and shows than I am interested in seeing.  I watched Shang-Chi and Black Widow on Disney+ over the holiday weekend and I frankly got a little bored.  I think the movies themselves were fine, but I’m just tired of the Marvel superhero movie formula at this point.  

If I’m reaching the point where I’m tired of these movies and shows, I gotta think that the average movie viewer can’t be far behind. 

Is anyone else thinking along these lines?

:raygun:   

On 11/29/2021 at 12:04 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Agreed, the formula is way overused at this point.  You and I have discussed this more than once but I don't think it's going to change until they get punished at the box office.

Also, glad you're getting caught up on the movies!  :baiting: :wink:  :foryou:  :devil:

I've been waiting for a chance to use this one...  :flamethrower::canofworms: