• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else tired of comic book movies?
1 1

177 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Thats why I said Gross Profit.  

Eternals will prob close out at the theaters over $400 million, thats realistic to me even before covid for D level characters so once again yes this movie did fine at the theaters. 

Post EndGame we have not really had A level movies characters from the MCU.  All of this is filler.  They have done much better than what I thought they were going to do.  I cant complain.

'Gross profit is the profit a company makes after deducting the costs associated with making and selling its products'

It's super you are someone that rejoices with everything the MCU puts out. I respect that. But putting blinders on what a drastic bust this is when compared to Venom taking in 4.3X production budget. That's not reality.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

'Gross profit is the profit a company makes after deducting the costs associated with making and selling its products'

It's super you are someone that rejoices with everything the MCU puts out. I respect that. But putting blinders on what a drastic bust this is when compared to Venom taking in 4.3X production budget. That's not reality.

Wait a minute did just really say to me I rejoice when Marvel puts every movie out?

Venom 2 was a piece of trash btw.  

So MCU lost money by making Eternals? 

On 12/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

so that isnt in the budget?

Unfortunately, no.

Marketing Budgets, Revenue Share Agreements, Tax Credits are tricky at times to track down. Though with Tax Credits if you dig enough it comes out in public government documents.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, no.

Marketing Budgets, Revenue Share Agreements, Tax Credits are tricky at times to track down. Though with Tax Credits if you dig enough it comes out in public government documents.

Well they should fix that.  Total budget should account for that in the budget.

On 12/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Wait a minute did just really say to me I rejoice when Marvel puts every movie out?

Venom 2 was a piece of trash btw.  

So MCU lost money by making Eternals? 

'piece of trash' is actually topping all the MCU films.

MCU_BO211201.thumb.PNG.eb3e26506aeff2a85090f903946ee3bb.PNG

What helps Black Widow is the supposed $125M made in worldwide Premiere Access. But then 15% comes off the top for partnership agreements. But based on face value, there you have it.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:25 PM, Bosco685 said:

'piece of trash' is actually topping all the MCU films.

MCU_BO211201.thumb.PNG.eb3e26506aeff2a85090f903946ee3bb.PNG

What helps Black Widow is the supposed $125M made in worldwide Premiere Access. But then 15% comes off the top for partnership agreements. But based on face value, there you have it.

Star Wars Last Jedi made a lot of money, but was still trash right?

They got that $ because everyone was hoping for a good movie and got dog poo. 

Captain Marvel did very well the Box Office and that was terrible.  Hype gets a movie studio free money with bad movies after the first viewing.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Star Wars Last Jedi made a lot of money, but was still trash right?

They got that $ because everyone was hoping for a good movie and got dog poo. 

Some would say the same of Eternals based on the day-over-day, week-over-week drops.

It happens. Even to the review-proof companies. 

(shrug)

On 12/1/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

All indications is that movie is going to do massive box office numbers. It has even been approved for China release.

Thats the key word unfortunately China.

Pretty sure Shang Chi and Eternals would have done another 100 million each if those movies got released there. 

On 12/1/2021 at 3:16 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Thats why I said Gross Profit.  

Eternals will prob close out at the theaters over $400 million, thats realistic to me even before covid for D level characters so once again yes this movie did fine at the theaters. 

Post EndGame we have not really had A level movies characters from the MCU.  All of this is filler.  They have done much better than what I thought they were going to do.  I cant complain.

As other people have mentioned, the split with the theaters and the cost of advertising make these numbers bad from a profit/loss standpoint.  This current environment is not good for movies in general, so we’ll have to see what things look like down the road ( and with more established characters), but I don’t think anyone at Disney was celebrating these numbers.

On 12/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Thats the key word unfortunately China.

Pretty sure Shang Chi and Eternals would have done another 100 million each if those movies got released there. 

Marvel Studios did so much to strengthen its place at the Chinese box office since Iron Man 3 without that country it takes a huge hit.

:cheers:

On 12/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

All indications is that movie is going to do massive box office numbers. It has even been approved for China release.

That one is going to get me to the theater.  I just watched the trailer and I’m pretty excited to see Alfred Molina again.

The box office for that will be very interesting to watch.  

On 12/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, Bosco685 said:

Marvel Studios did so much to strengthen its place at the Chinese box office since Iron Man 3 without that country it takes a huge hit.

:cheers:

Yes they even took Finn off the Star War theater poster for China. :canofworms:

Disney bows down to the money! So not sure why many people think they are a family company and care. They dont.

image.thumb.png.2afbf77833fe11dcebc3b950cb2e27a7.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/1/2021 at 5:05 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes they even took Finn off the Star War theater poster for China. :canofworms:

Disney bows down to the money! So not sure why many people think they are a family company and care. They dont.

image.thumb.png.2afbf77833fe11dcebc3b950cb2e27a7.png

disney-2-picsou-gif-4.gif.03b8e51029f3b74c226f46fb193fa231.gif