• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Pressing

4 posts in this topic

I am about to send 5 of my comics to get graded, but I see that CGC offers a pressing option. Mine Comics are from 2012 never been out of the bag and board they look really good to me.  But I would really like a grade of 9.6-9.8, my question is,  if I do pressing will it get me a 9.8 or do I even need it and should I just send it for grading only. 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, GraysonSlade said:

I am about to send 5 of my comics to get graded, but I see that CGC offers a pressing option. Mine Comics are from 2012 never been out of the bag and board they look really good to me.  But I would really like a grade of 9.6-9.8, my question is,  if I do pressing will it get me a 9.8 or do I even need it and should I just send it for grading only. 

there's a subsection called 'please grade my comic' or 'hey buddy can you spare a grade' where you can post pictures of comics and solicit opinions about grades/grading.

also to some extent it's subjective because of the value of the specific comics, collection goals, and your own financial situation, and how long you can wait for your comics to get back (pressing may add 1-6 months depending on your submission tier).

On 11/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, GraysonSlade said:

"if I do pressing will it get me a 9.8"

Maybe, depends on the current state of the books.

"should I just send it for grading only."

Maybe, depends on the current state of the books.

Take a look at these links, may help you: 

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-scale/

https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/