• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> GA Sale <CLOSED>; Brenda Starr 13 (1); Modern Love 1; Underworld Comics run; 3-D Tales From The Crypt Of Terror CGC, All True Romance 11 CGC
4 4

35 posts in this topic

I will try and keep this to GA, but I might throw some other stuff in. Most will be raw, but a couple graded books will likely make it in. I am happy to provide additional pics upon request.

RULES:

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping is via USPS Priority. I like the flat rate legal sized envelope, so that's $9.00. If we have to move to a box, I will work with you to find the most cost effective solution, but I like the ease of that Medium Flat Rate box from the USPS at $16.25. Insurance is they buyer's choice, and will cost whatever the USPS rate is.  If you want something else, happy to work with you. Slabs ship at $16.25 unless we can't use the Medium Flat Rate. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Starting with one PCH to make sure I abide by the rules. I will move as quickly as possible, but I will likely post in fits and spurts, and not in long continuous strings.

Baffling Mysteries #22 (Ace, 1954). This is a solid 3.0 copy with plenty of general wear. It is complete and attached. Vertical crease (maybe a sub crease), a few chips and stains, interior pencil in the margin on splash. Well loved, but decent lower grade book.

$130  **NOW $105**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Blazing Comics #6 (Enwil Associates, 1945). Last issue of the run. These are interesting books with remaindered contents not matching the covers. The interior here is from Zegra Jungle Empress #3 (Kamen GGA). This book is missing the outer two wraps, meaning the first four pages and last four pages are not there (looks like they were never included as contents to me). Some moisture exposure, but staples are good. Some accumulation of other wear. I think it's a 4.0. 

$125  **NOW $100**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Boy Commandos #27 (DC, 1948). Beautiful in the bag, with great blues. The big issue is the spine. Split down to the top staple, and giving up in a couple other places too. But, still attached and still connected at multiple spots along the way. A couple cover chips, light sub crease, pencil arrival date on cover, pages are supple, but some aging along the edges, tear top edge back cover. Probably no better than 2.0 with the spine.

$70  **NOW $55**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Kid Eternity #3 (Quality Comics, 1946). Solid copy with some spine wear, corner creasing and some cover stains (see above "ETE" in Eternity), small corner piece missing at the back. Complete and well attached. Seems like a 4.0 book to me. 

$85  **NOW $60**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Land Of The Lost #4 (EC, 1947). Bottom staple pulled through front, but attached elsewhere. Some rust to the staples, but no other moisture evidence that I see. There are a couple staple tears, and another above the bottom staple along the spine. Corner creasing, small piece missing back bottom edge. I have this one at 3.0 or so. 

$125  **NOW $90**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Millie The Model #101 (1961). Lots of Stan Lee scripts inside. Lower grade and MISSING THE CF. Still plenty of GGA. Small split at the top that impacts the first wrap too, corner piece missing, a couple stains, some pencil doodles inside.

$10

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Alright @Robot Man, I am finally getting this one listed.

Modern Love #1 (1949, EC). Plenty of general wear, especially surface wear to front. 0.5-0.75" spine split at the top, creasing, small piece missing right edge front, stain back cover, maybe some foxing inside (see splash pic for what I am referencing), names written in ink in several places in the second story (see spoiler for example). Complete and attached. Seems better than 2.0 to me, but not by much. Let's go with 2.5 (though I wanted to say 3.0). Happy to provide more/different pics upon request.

$600  **NOW $499**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Public Enemies #1 (1948, DS Publishing). Solid, complete and well attached with one caveat. The top staple did not go through all 12 interior wraps...only 10. There are marks on those wraps from being pushed against the staple for over 70 years, but I do not believe they have pulled through (I could be wrong here, but that is how I see the situation). I believe the staple never penetrated those two wraps. It is well attached to the first 10, and the bottom staple is well attached to all 12. Note some spine damage including a tear at the bottom staple, and a split below the bottom staple (this does not impact how well the staple is attached to the cover, and it does not extend down to the bottom of the book...only about 1"), a couple corner creases top right front. I think this one is 4.0.

$200  **NOW $150**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Public Enemies #3 (1948, DS Publishing). Another solid and complete book, Some minor spine wear including a tiny split below the bottom staple, small ink mark under 10c and a pencil check mark on front cover, nice pages, but some minor tanning to edges of interior covers, back cover staple tears but still attached. Seems at least 4.0 to me, and maybe better.

$175  **NOW $130**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Top Spot Comics #1 (1945). Piece missing front corner, staple discolored with some transfer, CF detached from the single staple, arrival date (I think) in the "T" in Top, nice pages. The missing piece is probably the limiting factor here, so 2.5? 3.0? Looks nicer than either of those, except for the piece missing.

$250  **NOW $200**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Underworld #1 (1948, DS Publishing). Cover is really nice with the wear confined to the spine, and the back. Date in pencil in the "N" in Underworld, tearing at the staples, but still attached, staining back cover, interior showing some age around the edges. I think it's a 4.0, and presents nicer.

$300  **NOW $225**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman