• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st comic appearance of THE BEATLES
2 2

60 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, jimjum12 said:

I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't mind a File Copy of that one, if there were any... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

The highest graded copy on the census is one 9.2. There are three 9.0's. I have a 4.0 that I think looks much nicer than that, but that's what they give it. It's a miracle I found that one out in the raw years ago.

On 12/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, Jaylam said:

The highest graded copy on the census is one 9.2. There are three 9.0's. I have a 4.0 that I think looks much nicer than that, but that's what they give it. It's a miracle I found that one out in the raw years ago.

There probably weren't many File Copies if any. Best I've seen is mid grade .... but these ended up with a much larger target market and were probably scattered to the wind. The Beatles were as huge as anything ever was, so I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

On 12/1/2021 at 9:19 PM, EastEnd1 said:

There were file copies... I've got one at 9.0.

Lucky man. Those Dell Giants in grade are scintillating :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

I also have the Northland copy of Yellow Submarine (yes, I was, and still am, a huge Beatle fan!)... tried to track that down for you guys too but my collection isn't the best organized right now and I couldn't quickly locate it.  It's a gorgeous 9.6... think I got it from Heritage so you can probably find it in their archives.  

@EastEnd1 Hubba Bubba! Very nice. Please help me out, what constitutes a "file copy"? Is it a designated pedigree or something else and how did you get CGC to put that on the label if you bought it independently from a vendor at a convention all those years ago? Sorry for all the questions, but I have a lot of time on my hands, lol.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:37 PM, Jaylam said:

@EastEnd1 Hubba Bubba! Very nice. Please help me out, what constitutes a "file copy"? Is it a designated pedigree or something else and how did you get CGC to put that on the label if you bought it independently from a vendor at a convention all those years ago? Sorry for all the questions, but I have a lot of time on my hands, lol.

No problem... file copies are original publisher stock.... copies that the publisher either intentionally kept or never wound up distributing.  They generally are not pedigrees (though the Gaines EC file copies are).  Not sure if this has changed but back then, CGC generally required some paperwork of provenance to give a special designation, though often the books from a particular origin will have certain characteristics that CGC recognizes and the paperwork might not have been necessary.  My recollection with this one is that I submitted a receipt... and it had the characteristics of a Dell file copy.  Hope that helps!