• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pennsylivania Hotel in NYC is closing.
3 3

29 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, GACollectibles said:

I was doing a Carbonaro show in the mid-90s there, a kid walked up to the table and asked if I had any Power Pack comics(I didn't).  About five minutes later another kid comes up and asks the same question, I'm wondering why all of a sudden it's being asked for.  A few minutes later a kid comes up to the table and asks if I'm buying Power Pack comics, hands me a pile of ratty copies.  I laugh, it's the same kid, he added a layer of clothing, hat & hoodie each time he came to the table.  Pure genius.

I wonder what ever became of him, he was a real go-getter.

image.jpeg.cad1a75a38f46deb35b117d25e416cdf.jpeg

I was doing a Carbonaro show in the mid-90s there, a kid walked up to the table and asked if I had any Power Pack comics(I didn't).  About five minutes later another kid comes up and asks the same question, I'm wondering why all of a sudden it's being asked for.  A few minutes later a kid comes up to the table and asks if I'm buying Power Pack comics, hands me a pile of ratty copies.  I laugh, it's the same kid, he added a layer of clothing, hat & hoodie each time he came to the table.  Pure genius.

I wonder what ever became of him, he was a real go-getter. hm

469400773_calsilversurfer.jpg.695ca9d4a1bbd524361249fc5e2617c1.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, DanCooper said:

image.jpeg.cad1a75a38f46deb35b117d25e416cdf.jpeg

Now that I think about it, the kid did have quite a five o'clock shadow for an 11 year old.

Love it :idea:

On 12/4/2021 at 1:31 AM, devilsrain said:

it’s not the only hotel closing in this city :tonofbricks:

But Yea I’ll miss the shows there too.  

From the lobby 

F0DCA864-124F-4ECD-988B-13714AB969E3.thumb.jpeg.e3b5028a95c1f6dd19aed9202bba732b.jpeg

hm 

I wonder when that is going to go on auction ?

On 12/4/2021 at 4:34 AM, GACollectibles said:

I'm wondering why all of a sudden it's being asked for.  A few minutes later a kid comes up to the table and asks if I'm buying Power Pack comics, hands me a pile of ratty copies.  I laugh, it's the same kid, he added a layer of clothing, hat & hoodie each time he came to the table.  Pure genius.

became Comic Dylan of NY?

They have been doing shows there forever if I remember correctly, different event folks. I am pretty sure I went to a show in 84-85 where I younger Carbo intimidated a 13 year old me into him looking at all my books I was carrying under the guise of maybe he'd make an offer on them (really I think he wanted to check to see if I had stolen any from him --- I had not), and quite possibly one in 1977 or so my dad took me and my brother to. It's weird, I was just down there in June at MSG to see the Cure and I didn't even notice it coming down, but I guess in the dark I am not looking up.