• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beginner’s Guide to Magazines
5 5

190 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, Jayman said:

That Savage Tales looks so dangerously close to falling from your grip! :whatthe:

lol That was my first thought too...

On 6/16/2022 at 7:15 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Two seconds after that photo was taken, it did, in fact, fall.  But in an act of amazing deftness and dexterity, Oakman caught the Savage Tales as it fell while securing the other books with his right arm.

After which, he returned the books to the safe confines of his vault and then made a spectacular meal for his family, providing excellent conversation while they ate.  Still, as he sat there with his family, smiling and enjoying his wife and kids, a thought invaded his consciousness- "Sweet Jesus!  That was a close call with the Savage Tales!"  

Feeling thankful for his good fortune, he put the thought away and never thought about it again.

Man are you in the room with me?😁

On 6/16/2022 at 9:53 PM, oakman29 said:

Man are you in the room with me?😁

The room?

Dude, he was inside your HEAD!

Question regarding CGC grading of magazines (I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I am having trouble searching it up): what is the maximum magazine submission size? The magazine equivalent number of the regular comics maximum submission of 25 books, in other words.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:17 PM, justinsl said:

Question regarding CGC grading of magazines (I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I am having trouble searching it up): what is the maximum magazine submission size? The magazine equivalent number of the regular comics maximum submission of 25 books, in other words.

What weighs more, a ton of feathers, or a ton of bricks?

25 books is 25 books.

That is, at least, my beginner's impression.

CGC support answered my question, and I am copying it here if anyone else is ever googling for "maximum magazine submission CGC" or similar:

Good afternoon, Justin, 

Thank you for reaching out to CGC Comics. The maximum number of magazines that can fit in a shipping package is currently 23. This would be the maximum number per invoice. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

On 1/21/2023 at 9:48 PM, wombat said:

I never heard about this book before. Anyone have it? There is a copy on ebay starting at $999 auction. 

128518.jpg.db1e2092259b09bcfa49cc5bd8ebfe1d.jpg

I have one, and I know that several others around here do as well. It’s a fantastic reference book, but wow, $1000 starting bid?  Yes, it’s relatively rare, but published at $40 shipped. As much as I like it, I could never justify that much for it. 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:12 AM, The Lions Den said:

For that price, I'd want a mint signed sealed hardcover edition with 14k gold text block...  (thumbsu

Right! I dont care how cool it is that price would be way out of control. For that price Frazetta,Boris, and Sanjulian better have their sigs on that thing. 😂

I have a copy of this amazing book.  The author spent 10+ years extensively researching all things Warren, and it immediately makes the old Warren Companion book from years and years ago obsolete.  If you have ANY possible question regarding ANY Warren publication ever created, this is the ultimate reference book to have.  I remember there were only 500 or so copies of this book made, and they all sold out in a very short time.  I'm not going to say it's worth $800 or more, but  the vast amounts of Warren Publishing content inside makes this book very special.