• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beginner’s Guide to Magazines
5 5

190 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, Gregd said:

So far I think I am going to shoot to find high grades in:

Eerie 23

Creepy 5

Creepy 7

Creepy 32

And

look for an affordable Vamp 1

And of course be lured into buying more high grade stuff because I have a collecting problem 😂

Yeah, that's what thought starting out too!

On 12/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, Gregd said:

So far I think I am going to shoot to find high grades in:

Eerie 23

Creepy 5

Creepy 7

Creepy 32

And

look for an affordable Vamp 1

And of course be lured into buying more high grade stuff because I have a collecting problem 😂

You might as well just expand that list to all Warren Frazetta covers. Good starting spot. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, Randall Dowling said:

@Artifiction Oakman and I are just messing around.  Truthfully, he's one of the best guys on the boards and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to magazines. (thumbsu 

I knew that. I, too, was just messing around. Nice to have a place to do it. 

Edited by Artifiction

On 12/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, wombat said:

Ordered! Many thanks for the alert, Wombat. (thumbsu

Lets just hope that they don't ship the books in a plastc bag like a lot of businesses do these days. :eyeroll:

Edited by Artifiction

On 12/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, Artifiction said:

SSOC?

Savage Sword of Conan.  And I completely agree, the first 50 issues are relatively inexpensive (with a few exceptions) and filled with quality material and covers by great artists like Earl Norem, Boris, and more.  (thumbsu

On 12/3/2021 at 5:12 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Savage Sword of Conan.  And I completely agree, the first 50 issues are relatively inexpensive (with a few exceptions) and filled with quality material and covers by great artists like Earl Norem, Boris, and more.  (thumbsu

And which ones are expensive and why?

On 12/3/2021 at 4:15 PM, Gregd said:

The first 10 having been moving up for a little while (led by #1 of course).  9 is a pretty amazing Boris cover, arguably the best of the entire run if not all Marvel mags (it's definitely a contender).  Also 5, 7, and 12 are pretty special.

On 12/3/2021 at 2:15 PM, Gregd said:

I don’t think any issues are terribly pricy at the moment, even #1 isn’t too bad as 70’s first issues go.  The very late issues can be somewhat tricky to locate, no idea how much worse HG copies would be.

On 12/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, wombat said:

And one ore focusing on everything Frazetta. 

Image 1 - THE DEFINITIVE FRAZETTA REFERENCE Quality Paperbound 1st Print NEW & UNREAD 2008

Man I remember when some very nice man up and sent me these 2 books. I will never forget such a kind gesture. ☺️

On 12/3/2021 at 2:15 PM, Gregd said:

You are considering a medium that has nearly gone unnoticed by the comic book masses for quite awhile, dont know why but that's a time for a different conversation. Slowly but surely these comic magazines are growing in popularity,  and are not going to be cheap for long.