• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Advice
3 3

76 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 2:17 PM, Wreck-It Ralph said:

Thanks

Are Signed Comics (Yellow labels) worth more than unsigned ones (Blue labels) assuming same grade and page colour?

When a seller says the GPA price is a certain figure do they mean the last price shown on GPA?

Some people like signatures, while other people abhor them. I think much depends on the book, who signed it, and what his/her signature looks like and its placement. I've seen Stan Lee sign his name right over Spider-Man's face on an AF #15 - ugh, no thanks! However, I have yet to see John Romita Sr. have a bad signature or a bad placement.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:17 PM, Wreck-It Ralph said:

Thanks

Are Signed Comics (Yellow labels) worth more than unsigned ones (Blue labels) assuming same grade and page colour?

When a seller says the GPA price is a certain figure do they mean the last price shown on GPA?

1)  It depends on the situation.  Yellow labels of coveted signatures such as Frazetta, Stan Lee, yes.  But sometimes,  if it's someone less famous or desirable, people like me prefer an unsigned blue slab.

2)  I don't have GPA, so I don't know this as well but I believe it's the average for the year.  

On 12/5/2021 at 3:21 PM, Wolverinex said:

2)  I don't have GPA, so I don't know this as well but I believe it's the average for the year.  

People normally quote either last GPA sale or 90 day average, not often do they do the year unless there is no data from the last 90 days.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:21 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Not to me.  In fact, they are often worth less to me.  I find the practice of getting a signature on the cover to be defacing the art (with only a few exceptions) which is one of the reasons I love and collect books. Having someone scrawl all over that art is the sort of thing I'd expect from animals, not fans or appreciators of the comic medium.  

Hard pass.

How about this beauty?

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dteenage%2Bmutant%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1529925&id=1529925&itemType=0

On 12/5/2021 at 9:18 PM, Wolverinex said:

Not my cup of tea.  But some might really like it and that's great for them.