• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the prices for Daredevil 168 all over the place?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I was trying to get a sense of the price difference between a 9.0-9.2-9.4 ect for Daredevil 168 but it seems prices are all over the place. Even after considering various factors that could make one copy more valuable over an other (Newstand, Signed, Signed Newstand). Depending the day, the price difference between a 9.0 and a 9.4 is negligible to the point where I don't know why someone would spend so much on a 9.0 when you could get a higher grade for just not so far off one's budget. But then there are days where the difference is way off. I've been following that book for years and never found anything consistent with it in terms of pricing. Just wanted to know if you guys noticed that too or if the pricing tools you use instead show clearer trends.

Edited by William-James88

I haven’t done research on prices in that range lately so I can’t comment on specifics. 

But I do know that for this issue the cover wrap can play a big part in what someone is willing to pay. I could see someone paying the same amount for a nice-presenting 9.0 with a perfect cover wrap as for a 9.2 with a white strip. 

Also, if I remember correctly, in the 9.0/9.2 range the prices are pretty much what you would expect to pay for a raw “Near Mint”.  So it could be at that price point people aren’t label chasing, they just want to own nice higher grade copy of the book itself. 

Edited by Number 6

I bought the 9.6 that went for $440

It had SCS and was off-centred. I have stored it vertically in the hope it may realign. I doubt it.

916577775_Daredevil1689.6.thumb.jpg.c67b5b4d2c2107c6b6c78da5533ca44e.jpg

It's about 6 mm higher on the left. It was about 9 mm.

Time may tell - I certainly cannot be arsed to send it for a reslabbing with a 1 year wait.