• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's that time of year again: Post your favorite acquisitions of 2021...
8 8

169 posts in this topic

'Tis the season to be jolly, tra-la-la-la-lah, la-la-la-la! Here's the place to show your haul-y, tra-la-la-la-lah, la-la-la-la! Donning of gay apparel isn't necessary, but that's entirely up to you.

This thread is for golden age comics, reprints (controversial public domain fill-in copy subs when true GA is unobtainable), pulps, art, comic and pulp related toys, premiums, lobby cards, etc., ...basically anything nostalgic acquired over the past year (as of Jan. 1, 2021 through Dec. 31).  Whether you had a great year or modest one, this is your chance to crow about it.

There'll be another thread or two for aspirational goals for 2022, book recommendations on comics and film related collectibles, personal achievements for the past year, investing, divesting and refocused interest, etc., but this thread is purely about the advancement of your collection.

I'll add my acquisitions as the thread progresses, but the ball is entirely in your court now.  Have at it!  :manhero:

On 12/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, szav said:

I always enjoy this thread...I didn't actually buy much this year, mostly due to the inflated prices though ...  so I'll have to toss in some non-comic related collectibles...which I don't honestly dabble in much, but for me they're the prizes of the year.  

YoungRomance15CGC96Promise.JPG

Kaanga12CGC9.JPG

Jungle150cgc85.jpg

HiSchoolRomance32cgc92.JPG

SpongeBobPatrickHSP.JPG

GarfieldSunday1979.JPG

Ah, Young Romance 15!!

On 12/3/2021 at 6:21 PM, szav said:

I always enjoy this thread...I didn't actually buy much this year, mostly due to the inflated prices though ...  so I'll have to toss in some non-comic related collectibles...which I don't honestly dabble in much, but for me they're the prizes of the year.  

GarfieldSunday1979.JPG

Been watching these auctions for garfield originals and have resisted so far. This one is one I would have taken. Nice buy! Classic!

On 12/3/2021 at 6:03 PM, Badger said:

Been watching these auctions for garfield originals and have resisted so far. This one is one I would have taken. Nice buy! Classic!

Thanks! I grew up on Garfield as did my wife and despite how old the character is my 7 year old has become a big fan too, so it was great to land one of the first year Sundays during one of the relatively unnoticed Thursday night auctions.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, szav said:

Thanks! I grew up on Garfield as did my wife and despite how old the character is my 7 year old has become a big fan too, so it was great to land one of the first year Sundays during one of the relatively unnoticed Thursday night auctions.

That's awesome. And I love that it's one of the early strips! He was drawn a bit slicker from the 80s onward.