• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smudges on inside of holder

4 posts in this topic

Evening, I wonder if I'm being too picky? Just got back SS Star Wars Annual #1 by Walt Simonson. Got a 9.8! Problem is I count 7 smudges on inside of well and one outside scratch...I requested a clean and press. Does Walt sign after clean and press? Also do the inner wells get wiped out before they place comic? Also can I send back in for a reholder, does CGC cover this? I just opened box 5 min ago. Thanks for any help.

ps- I'm so happy with it! Just want it to be right for my collection.

Sorry of glare on pics, it's the only way to see smudges. First smudge runs from right shoulder to left knee, Second pic has two on orange and one over face. There are more. Third pic has two spots between S and T in STAR WARS.

* maybe a suggestion, new employees, wipe out wells before encasing? I'm not sure how this happens...

046.jpg

045.jpg

0.jpg

Edited by Trifisherjoe
add pics

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Pressing is done after the signing has been completed with grading being the final process.  We're sorry if there was any issue with your holders.  Please forward these pictures and your certification number to our customer service department and they can advise you on how to proceed. You can reach them at: submissions@cgccomics.com. 

Thank you!