• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE BOYS - DIABOLICAL animated spin-off series (2022)

15 posts in this topic

At the Brazil Comic-Con, Prime Video announced The Boys: Diabolical, a new eight-episode animated anthology series set in the universe of the The Boys.

The new series, set to premiere in 2022, will reveal untold stories in the world of The Boys. The stories in it come from certain Hollywood big names including Awkwafina, Garth Ennis, Eliot Glazer and Ilana Glazer, Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen, Simon Racioppa, Justin Roiland and Ben Bayouth, Andy Samberg, and Aisha Tyler.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:01 AM, bentbryan said:

Trailer looks great but I feel like I just watched 85% of the show. 

Agreed. Then it could turn out to be just going through the motions to take us through each scene.

But recognizing the creatives behind this, I have hope.

When it comes to film and television, what we crave more than anything are good stories. The mindless explosive eye-candy blockbusters are cool, but in a time where media is literally everywhere, there is a need for substance and creativity. However, good stories aren’t always in abundance. Well, they may be around, but definitely aren’t given the proper welcome as say, a well-known established brand or franchise. What the powers that be fail to realize are that no matter how extreme or ridiculous, how goofy, or how serious the art is, if the story is good, it will be consumed, shared, and discussed. Hell, even more so if the story is original or at least feels authentic. We want diverse and creative voices. We want the comedy to be respected as much as the drama because the laughter is healing. Also, comedy is complex enough to tell a multitude of stories in deep, humorous, and palatable ways. I say all that to say, let’s get weird with it. 

The episodes that stood out the most for me have to be episodes 2, 3, 4, and 7. Episode 2: “An Animated Short Where Pissed-Off Supes Kill Their Parents”, is hilariously outrageous with tons of violence. I mean one guy has a pair of breasts for eyes. Episode 3: “I’m Your Pusher”, gives a glimpse into what the world is like inside the comics and just how ruthless Billy Butcher can be. Episode 4: “Boyd in 3D”, is a very relevant story that deals with our obsession with social media and need to be perfect. And Episode 7: “John and Sun-Hee” is very cinematic and heartwarming as lovers sacrifice for one another. Finally, I hope that this isn’t the only season we get of this series. It’s a fun way of giving the entire Vought universe life and a peek into what everyone else is going through besides The Seven and The Boys.

All 8 episodes of The Boys Presents: Diabolical premiere on Prime Video on March 4, 2022. Stay safe and enjoy.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Rated: 18+

Runtime: 12-14 minutes

On 3/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, ashsaytr said:

thought some of these were good... but overall it just left me "meh"... and i love the comic and series :flamed:

That last episode, to me, was very interesting. As I had wondered how Homelander and Black Noir had gotten to where they were at.

Especially when you see Homelander intimidating everyone into following his will. But with Black Noir you just couldn't tell.