• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Return of Richard Rae?
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Looks like our old 'friend'  (or should that read, 'fiend) Richard Rae has re-surfaced on the 'Original Comic Art Collectors FB group, now calling himself 'Ardath Bey'.

He's currently trying to suggest trading with Bill Wray.  I had a quick look at Ardath's FB profile and quickly identified some art that I remember Richard Rae owned . . . and Richard and Ardath hail from the same part of Australia.

Pretty certain it's him, but form your own conclusions.  All I'd suggest is that if he contacts anyone here suggesting a trade, do yourselves a favor and steer clear.

For any newbies here unaware of Rae's past:

Australian Original Art Scammer - Richard Rae - Original Comic Art - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Edited by The Voord

On 3/21/2022 at 2:39 PM, JadeGiant said:

Got a message from him over the weekend ... "Gee... I always totally 100% loved this one page from the whole run... wish I could trade you for it."

Did he identify himself as Richard Rae and what, if anything, was your response to him?

On 3/23/2022 at 2:46 AM, JadeGiant said:

No, the message was from "Ardath Bey" on CAF 

I did not reply 

You should have asked if he had any fake Kirby or Steranko drawings to offer!  :bigsmile:

I hadn't realised, until a few days ago, that Rae had re-branded himself as Ardeth Bey with a new CAF account.  I've now left a few comments on his CAF postings suitably advising other collectors that this is without doubt Richard Rae (he's even e-mailed me privately which confirms it).  Because he doesn't have a premium account, Rae can't delete my comments  . . . so anyone considering Rae's trade suggestions are now suitably informed about who they'd potentially be dealing with  :wink:

On 3/25/2022 at 4:28 AM, The Voord said:

I hadn't realised, until a few days ago, that Rae had re-branded himself as Ardeth Bey with a new CAF account.  I've now left a few comments on his CAF postings suitably advising other collectors that this is without doubt Richard Rae (he's even e-mailed me privately which confirms it).  Because he doesn't have a premium account, Rae can't delete my comments  . . . so anyone considering Rae's trade suggestions are now suitably informed about who they'd potentially be dealing with  :wink:

Did he delete his account?  I can't find it on CAF...but then again I can't find my glasses...both are probably right in front of me,,,

In any case, if you could post a link to it that would be helpful.  The more that this guy is visible and exposed the better for all - except him.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:07 AM, pemart1966 said:

Did he delete his account?  I can't find it on CAF...but then again I can't find my glasses...both are probably right in front of me,,,

In any case, if you could post a link to it that would be helpful.  The more that this guy is visible and exposed the better for all - except him.

Looks like he pulled down the art since he couldn't delete the comments. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=165583

On 3/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, JadeGiant said:

Looks like he pulled down the art since he couldn't delete the comments. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=165583

I'm sure he'll re-invent/resurrect himself as someone else further on down the line.  Bit like playing 'whack the mole' with this guy!  lol