• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this normal?
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Hi, I just got some books back from CGC and almost half of them feel like the top isn't closed all the way. It's locked in but at the top i can actually press it and feel it close like the case isn't tightly secured. Then when I let go, the case open up a bit. It's not a big gap or anything its just noticeable when you grab the top of the case.

Is that normal or are these defective? I attached pictures for your viewing convenience.

(If you download the pictures and toggle between them you can see the gap a lot better.)

Thanks!

CGC_Case_01.jpg

CGC_Case_02.jpg

Edited by Gped
clarification on pictures

looking now at all the sides of these books, they all have small cracks on the sides. I have to call them and have them sent back. this is almost all the books, how did all of these books get past quality control? I guess they're just trying to get through stuff too fast because of volume of submissions.

I sent in 24 books and nearly all of them have these problems

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

On 12/15/2021 at 12:19 AM, Gped said:

looking now at all the sides of these books, they all have small cracks on the sides. I have to call them and have them sent back. this is almost all the books, how did all of these books get past quality control? I guess they're just trying to get through stuff too fast because of volume of submissions.

I sent in 24 books and nearly all of them have these problems

01.jpg

02.jpg

That's mold flash, it's normal. The ones you get back (if CGC accepts) will also have that.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:14 PM, shadroch said:

They are cracks, but by calling them somethin else, it diverts attention away from their screwups. Why correct things when you can divert?

mold flash and cracks are not the same thing. Mold flash refers to a cosmetic defect but not a structural one. All cases have that to some extent.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:30 AM, William-James88 said:

mold flash and cracks are not the same thing. Mold flash refers to a cosmetic defect but not a structural one. All cases have that to some extent.

Enjoy the koolaid. I hear the banana flavored is especially good.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, ThothAmon said:

OCD is a terrible thing to waste. To itch his own but they look ok to me. 

Itch his own what? :eek:

On 12/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, shadroch said:

Enjoy the koolaid. I hear the banana flavored is especially good.

Come on man, why do you have to be like that? What did I do to you.

Here is my question, if all CGC cases have mold flash, is it still a flaw or simply how a CGC case looks like? Is it a flaw that CGC would compensate for?

in case anyone was interested, i sent these books in on January 18th as mechanical errors and they fixed them all and I just got them all back. 7 books in total. Took about a month from when i shipped them to CGC to them sending them back to me. I also didn't have to pay for shipping.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

On 2/16/2022 at 7:07 PM, Gped said:

in case anyone was interested, i sent these books in on January 18th as mechanical errors and they fixed them all and I just got them all back. 7 books in total. Took about a month from when i shipped them to CGC to them sending them back to me. I also didn't have to pay for shipping.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

So we've established they were in fact flaws, CGC agreed and fixed them.

A teaching moment for some.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, Gaard said:

"That's mold flash, it's normal. The ones you get back (if CGC accepts) will also have that ."

Anything on the slabs you just got back?

The ones i got back were all clean slabs, no cracks or mold flash or anything. They didn't actually detail what they did though, no notes or any explanations. But i got all of them back in new clean holders.