• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clarification: Max. Value per Item in the CGC Services & Fees section
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'm a very new to grading cards in general, when reviewing the "CGC Services & Fees Section" it mentions Max Value per item under each specific grading tier. I'm asking for clarification on what this means since it could mean that the level tier will only grade cards with a maximum value of XYZ for the card or that it will assign a maximum value of XYZ depending on the grading tier. As you can see I'm not sure what it means, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

• Administrator

Hello

If the card value exceeds the amount in the tier, it needs to be submitted in the the next tier of higher value.  I will give you a few examples.

Card value $300 Needs to be submitted in the Economy tier

Card value $600 Needs to be submitted in the Standard tier

Card value $1100  Needs to be submitted in the Express Tier

Card value $12,000 Needs to be submitted in the Walkthrough tier

I hope this helps,

Mike

Bulk  $250
Economy  $500
Standard  $1,000
Express  $10,000
WalkThrough  Unlimited

On 12/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, ncruz7 said:

I'm a very new to grading cards in general, when reviewing the "CGC Services & Fees Section" it mentions Max Value per item under each specific grading tier. I'm asking for clarification on what this means since it could mean that the level tier will only grade cards with a maximum value of XYZ for the card or that it will assign a maximum value of XYZ depending on the grading tier. As you can see I'm not sure what it means, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Essentially you're declaring the maximum value on the item, after it's been graded, for insurance purposes. Each tier only grades up to a certain value. Like Mike said if you have $300 card it would need to go in the Economy submission or higher. Also CGC has an idea of what things are worth, you're not gonna submit a 1st ed Base Set Charizard and say it's only worth $100, they'll more than likely call/email you for revisions.