• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Giant’s “Old School Comic Show” Concord, NH April 23, 2022
1 1

94 posts in this topic

Looks like a fun show guys!

I like the fact that small shows like this are bringing back the fun of the old days.

These smaller more “comic book centric” shows are what this hobby needs.

I see the big corporate “media shows” on the down swing. They have grown too big for the “little guys” who are there for actual comic book collecting.

I did notice that WonderCon a month ago was WAY scaled down. It was almost a show within a show. The big guys are hurting. 

First, I want to comment on the Cap 164 pictured above, One of My favorite bizarro covers 

Featuring Falcon as  a werewolf , with an AFRO ! AWESOME !

I won't comment on my own pricing But I will say,  some of the dealers had very good Prices . My Partner had ONE of his BEST shows ever, And I spent a lot more then I thought I was going to 

I totally agree That the Corporate shows Have become problematic, The Ticket prices I think keep a lot of Potential Buyers  out, And the booth investment makes doing the show a tough choice 

Appreciate the Photos, Especially Liked the Tec 27 with a $1,000,000.00 price on a little orange Post it 

On 4/24/2022 at 1:41 PM, Golden Memories said:

Appreciate the Photos, Especially Liked the Tec 27 with a $1,000,000.00 price on a little orange Post it 

That booth was interesting. The dealer had a couple small racks of books, maybe two or three dozen total, including a bunch of pulps. Very underwhelming display. And then you look down at his table and BAM Detective 27 in a glass display case.

Carbo was hanging about it when I went by that table. It was still there when I made another pass.

He had a Marvel Mystery on his wall rack, too, but I'm not schooled in those enough to pick out issues numbers by the cover, especially with so many Torch covers.

On 4/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, Pontoon said:

Carbo was hanging about it when I went by that table. It was still there when I made another pass.

He had a Marvel Mystery on his wall rack, too, but I'm not schooled in those enough to pick out issues numbers by the cover, especially with so many Torch covers.

Think World War 2, especially hitler  

Edited by Kevin76

On 4/24/2022 at 12:53 PM, Pontoon said:

Carbo has been bringing it out for a couple of years. I believe from the Bob Kane bound volume. It does not belong to him. A “consignment” book. Why they would allow him to do that (shrug)