• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To CGC or not to CGC, this is the question I ask of thee?
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Now we get to the real story! Hanging out at the landfill site so you can rescue comics destined for 'dozer-doom is worthy of its own new thread :Rocket:

Thats funny as hell

You should see the stuff that people throw away but, not really supposed to remove things per the landfill

On 12/12/2021 at 4:34 PM, ARM63 said:

Thats funny as hell

You should see the stuff that people throw away but, not really supposed to remove things per the landfill

Now that so much is recycled, our waste disposal site has staff that keep the best items next to the office or in shipping containers so you can buy them, for usually very cheap prices. Anything and everything. One day my friend phoned me to say he'd seen a "box of old Marvels" at the tip just now as he was dumping stuff, so I went there as fast as I could but someone else had them just before I got there. Why on earth he didn't just put a small deposit on them to reserve them, I'll never know. So well done for rescuing what you could. ^^

On 12/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Now that so much is recycled, our waste disposal site has staff that keep the best items next to the office or in shipping containers so you can buy them, for usually very cheap prices. Anything and everything. One day my friend phoned me to say he'd seen a "box of old Marvels" at the tip just now as he was dumping stuff, so I went there as fast as I could but someone else had them just before I got there. Why on earth he didn't just put a small deposit on them to reserve them, I'll never know. So well done for rescuing what you could. ^^

On 12/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

From what we saw dozed under, any respectable collector would be disappointed.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:31 PM, ARM63 said:

First post I am somewhat slow

Major Sci-Fi enthusiast

I have Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 1984 #'s 1 through 12
And
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars II 1985 #'s 1 through 9
All of these are in plastic sleeves with backer boards

Should I have these CGC'ed
This is just the beginning of another 400+ or so to sort through

Thank you

Is this to sell or for your own collection?

On 12/9/2021 at 7:31 PM, ARM63 said:

Major Sci-Fi enthusiast

And

Thank you

On 12/9/2021 at 7:31 PM, ARM63 said:

Major Sci-Fi enthusiast

And

Thank you

My comics I am sending to CGC have to be looked at really close for my guess on grading and need to try and be worth 100.00 or more for me to send them to cgc.  Otherwise I have like 250 or 300 comics as a kid. So go through all of them carefully and slowly and look up the ones might be worth money.