• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cancer Medical Bills Piling Up HELP!
9 9

293 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, s8zaphod said:

Yes, but since I have said all prices are negotiable, no one has made any offers including lower prices.

Mycomicshop would likely accept for consignment most, and possibly all, the books you've posted in this thread. Put the books in their weekly auctions and you are guaranteed to sell them, and you might be pleasantly surprised at what they sell for. 

Looks like none of my books are selling. I do not have funds to be able to send my books in for consignment due to medical bills. So I would ask for anyone's help to please donate financially to my PayPal email to assist me directly. If you can, I understand how hard.and.expensive times are and have become, so if you have the ability please consider making a donation to help me along. Thank you! God bless!

PayPal is s8zaphod@aol.com

On 3/12/2022 at 10:17 PM, s8zaphod said:

Looks like none of my books are selling. I do not have funds to be able to send my books in for consignment due to medical bills. So I would ask for anyone's help to please donate financially to my PayPal email to assist me directly. If you can, I understand how hard.and.expensive times are and have become, so if you have the ability please consider making a donation to help me along. Thank you! God bless!

@mycomicshop

On 3/12/2022 at 9:17 PM, s8zaphod said:

Hard times means sometimes making sacrifices.  It seems you're reluctant in to make some sacrifices, such as price reductions for your books.  You may get some buyers who rather buy reasonably priced books than give hand outs.  

I have asked everyone if my price on something they were interested in was too high, to make me a reasonable offer. None have done that. So it isn't due to too high of priced books . 

On 3/14/2022 at 12:42 AM, s8zaphod said:

I have asked everyone if my price on something they were interested in was too high, to make me a reasonable offer. None have done that. So it isn't due to too high of priced books . 

Given your condition, maybe a potential buyer would feel like an if they sent you a low ball offer.  I've seen plenty thread where the seller offered OBO and no one took them up on the offer until the seller lowered the price of the book to get them sold.  

Just trying to give you some suggestions since the donations have dried up too.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:34 PM, s8zaphod said:

I have begun lowering prices already on books, note saying prices lowered, means they have already been lowered on those specific threads.

maybe freeze the sale for a while, then try to sell on ebay?  i know there's more fees, but if you gotta do it you gotta do it.  Some low/no limit auctions are guaranteed cash flow.

If you can't front cash shipping to an auction house, ebay might be your best remaining option.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:34 PM, s8zaphod said:

I have begun lowering prices already on books, note saying prices lowered, means they have already been lowered on those specific threads.

It looks like you've edited your original post.  If you lowered prices then it's difficult to notice since no one will notice.  Maybe adding a strikethrough on the original price with the reduced price listed next to it, or even a % off post may help generate some interest.

Thanks. But. I don't care. I need the money. But my life is pain and misery. Not filled with enthusiasm to sell anything anymore. Or do anything. Everybody take care of yourselves. Thanks to those who have given in the past. Bye.

• Administrator

Hello

I am going to have to shut this thread down.  I am not even sure most people know what books are for sale.  Feel free to start another thread but, be sure to list specific books with prices attached to them.  

Best wishes,

Mike