• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

****The Collector's Summit : May 28-29, 2022 " Bringing Together Valued and Respected Members of a Rapidly Changing Community "****
1 1

117 posts in this topic

https://collectorssummit.com/

Collectors Summit is a premium, focused event for collectors looking to network & conduct business with established members of the community. We focus on Golden Age to Bronze Age Comic Books, Pulp Magazines, Original Artwork and other emerging markets within the collectibles community. We cut away all the distractions of traditional conventions to provide the best experience possible for serious collectors and investors..

At a time of exponential changes & growth within the collectibles market, we want to provide an opportunity for trusted & valued members of the community to gather, network & have fun! We strive to be an inclusive community by encouraging all attendees to be involved in the marketplace at the event, not just the dealers. Bring a box or two of items you wish to sell or trade as there will be space for you to set up your own pop-up shop. We look forward to bringing you an event that the collectibles community deserves and all the relationships that come along with it!

Edited by Funnybooks

Posting on behalf of friend who is organizing The Collector's Summit...

Origin Story:

Our Origin Story

Hey Everyone! For those who don't know me, I'm Nathan, the face behind Kihei Collectibles & The Collectors Room Discord Server. I am a long-time collector of many odds & ends. For years, I have been looking for a way to benefit a community who has provided me with so much as well as supported my passion for collecting. After attending multiple conventions, I grew tired of sifting through a sea of cosplayers, tire-kickers, and waiting in long entry lines which resulted in me moving the majority of purchasing & selling online. While I enjoy the online community, I also enjoy the social aspect of a convention and the opportunities to dig through boxes upon boxes of amazing material. I searched for a way to elevate the convention experience to cater to serious collectors and provide a more focused event for dealers and vendors.

For too long conventions have become congested by trying to appeal to hundreds of different fandoms resulting in convention floors being overwhelming and flooded with cosplayers, as well as the dealer experience being tainted with tire-kickers wasting their time. Collector's Summit is bringing the focus back on the collector by removing the distractions and filler content. We are gathering private collectors & dealers under one roof to provide them with two days of a high quality marketplace, worthwhile networking and a chance to socialize and build relationships with some of the most active members of the collecting community.

Edited by Funnybooks

• 2022 Collectors Summit
    Northwest

• Bringing together valued and respected members of a rapidly changing community

it's time for the event that this community deserves

Collectors Summit is a premium, focused event for collectors looking to network & conduct business with established members of the community. We focus on Golden Age to Bronze Age Comic Books, Pulp Magazines, Original Artwork and other emerging markets within the collectibles community. We cut away all the distractions of traditional conventions to provide the best experience possible for serious collectors and investors..

At a time of exponential changes & growth within the collectibles market, we want to provide an opportunity for trusted & valued members of the community to gather, network & have fun! We strive to be an inclusive community by encouraging all attendees to be involved in the marketplace at the event, not just the dealers. Bring a box or two of items you wish to sell or trade as there will be space for you to set up your own pop-up shop. We look forward to bringing you an event that the collectibles community deserves and all the relationships that come along with it!

LEARN MORE

PLAY VIDEO

WHEN
Saturday - Sunday
28 - 29 May, 2022

WHERE
Meydenbauer Center Floor 4
11100 NE 6th St Bellevue, WA

WHY
JOIN US

ELITE HYBRID MARKETPLACE
This is not your traditional show flooded with dollar books, tire-kickers and cosplayers! We want to encourage an even balance between dealers & private collectors by providing traditional booth space for larger dealers/vendors and offering smaller pop-up shop areas for private collectors. Bring your biggest and best to this event!

EXPAND YOUR NETWORK
The Collector's Summit is an excellent opportunity to socialize and build lasting relationships between members of the collectible community. Communication in this day and age is primarily online, where building & maintaining long-term relationships can be met with difficulty. We believe that an in-person approach will only help support and grow the longevity of relationships within this community. It can be a game changer!

TAKE A BREAK
We all work hard to keep chasing our dream items! At the Collector's Summit, a big priority of ours is providing a fun and relaxing environment for our attendees. There will be a full bar on the event floor as well as an outdoor lounge filled with comfortable seating and a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier. In your down time, Bellevue offers a large variety of restaurants, bars, and various entertainment! Come relax, drink, and have a laugh with fellow collectors and friends!

some of our
featured guest

SOME OF THE INDUSTRY'S LEADING DEALERS, COLLECTORS, AND VENDORS ALL GATHERED UNDER ONE ROOF!

To provide a valuable event for our attendees, we have gathered some of the prominent names within the community to join us for two days of dealing and networking!

Shortboxed

The Fastest Growing Comicbook Marketplace

Rick Akers

Heritage Auctions Consignment Director/ Comics Buyer

Dave Smith/ Fantasy Illustrated

Lifelong Pulp Magazine & Comic Dealer, Founder of the Yakima Pulp Pedigree

Comic Book Certification Service (CBCS)

One Of The Leading Companies In Comic Book Grading & Autograph Authentification

Harley Yee Rare Comics

Industry Legend, 40 Years Of Comic Book Dealing

Sean Cleveland

30 Years Of Collecting Comic Books/Pulp Magazines/1st Print Literature

Edited by Funnybooks

On 12/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, Spyder! said:

Got my ticket! (thumbsu

Terrific!!

The Summit is poised to become the premiere comic book show in the country that is focused on the true collector. Major dealers and many of the communities most active members have already committed to attending the show.

Man, this looks great!  Even better, the Mariners are in town playing the Astros (assuming a new CBA is agreed upon) that weekend.

Have my ticket!  Look forward to seeing everyone.

Edited by MattTheDuck

On 12/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, aardvark88 said:

I see that the Summit is highly encouraging collector-dealers to bring a few boxes of elite stock to vend from their own table rather than pay $100/ticket. May help to put 'East of Seattle' in the title so collectors know where the Summit will be: near Microsoft HQ.

Thank you for the comment and the feedback. I’ll forward your suggestion. 

On 12/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, Funnybooks said:

Thank you for the comment and the feedback. 

Will some of the collector-vendors on Sunday be different than those from Saturday? This will give folks an incentive to stay in lovely Bellevue for both days. Good weather at the end of May 2022.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:48 PM, aardvark88 said:

I like this logo without the bottom text for a t-shirt design. The Sunday 5 p.m. silent(?) auction sounds like a good idea to try or will it also be uploaded on to IG's EliteFest, or What Not?

It seems the live end of the show auction will be in-person only

265909250_1296418390797345_2420308681252097792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5a057b&_nc_ohc=pCqOxgcbK3sAX8gP2RS&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&oh=02_ARoLia_kSYmSwu6UvWfeVnND1qQV4Xj7WRhf4KJoXB9rqA&oe=61B97CE0

On 12/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, alexgross.com said:

hopefully this will act as a solid substitute for terry's cali comi con which wont be happening in 2022. i'm looking forward to this big time! 

I'm hopeful that the show will meet your expectations. Any suggestions for this show that you would like to see?