• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

****The Collector's Summit : May 28-29, 2022 " Bringing Together Valued and Respected Members of a Rapidly Changing Community "****
1 1

117 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 12:36 PM, Funnybooks said:

I'm hopeful that the show will meet your expectations. Any suggestions for this show that you would like to see?

though i know it's not for kiddies, free entry for kids under 10-12 would be nice. otherwise just great dealers like @blazingbob, @G.A.tor, champion comics and heroes comics from norcal, etc... i'm sure the list of dealers will be great. 

just bought my ticket!

Edited by alexgross.com

Update to the website has been made to reflect that kids are admitted free :applause:

This is the updated list of confirmed exhibitors as of today:

Shortboxed
Dave & Adams
Heroes comics
Fantasy illustrated
Heartwood books
Vintage Pulps
Collectors comics
Comics Across The Ages
Amazing Heroes
Devco comics
A-1 Comics
Harley Yee Rare Comics

ALso:

Many well known dealers are attending and just bringing a box or two with them but not fully setting up, the room will be packed with quality members of the community.

Edited by Funnybooks

The last Con I attended was in the Masonic Temple Ballroom in Portland about 45 years ago.  Aside from the ending auction, I expect this to be a lot like that in the way it's being described.  Since it didn't interest me at the time, I don't recall whether they had artists signing books and I'm pretty sure there weren't any TV or movie sci-fi actors or anything like that, and while there could have been some people with masks, I don't remember seeing a costume.  I'm trying to picture this in my memory, and I think the number of "wall book" set-ups was pretty limited.  It was mostly just tables with boxes of comics above and below, kind of like the LC's were organized back in the day.  It's a giant room, though, so with a large hollow rectangle in the center and others set up along the walls, there was plenty of stuff to look at.

On 12/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The last Con I attended was in the Masonic Temple Ballroom in Portland about 45 years ago.  Aside from the ending auction, I expect this to be a lot like that in the way it's being described.  Since it didn't interest me at the time, I don't recall whether they had artists signing books and I'm pretty sure there weren't any TV or movie sci-fi actors or anything like that, and while there could have been some people with masks, I don't remember seeing a costume.  I'm trying to picture this in my memory, and I think the number of "wall book" set-ups was pretty limited.  It was mostly just tables with boxes of comics above and below, kind of like the LC's were organized back in the day.  It's a giant room, though, so with a large hollow rectangle in the center and others set up along the walls, there was plenty of stuff to look at.

Top 5 Facts About Comic Con - WatchMojo Blog

On 12/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, alexgross.com said:

though i know it's not for kiddies, free entry for kids under 10-12 would be nice. otherwise just great dealers like @blazingbob, @G.A.tor, champion comics and heroes comics from norcal, etc... i'm sure the list of dealers will be great. 

just bought my ticket!

Thank you for thinking of me but I will be benefiting the UK Community the date of this show

Bob 

www.highgradecomics.com

On 12/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I hope there's not going to be any kind of test for whether attendees are "valued" or "respected."  If so, I'm going to feel bad about taking a slot away from someone.

There will probably be some riff raff that fall through the cracks. :goodvsevil:

so, we'll be in good company

On 12/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I hope there's not going to be any kind of test for whether attendees are "valued" or "respected."  If so, I'm going to feel bad about taking a slot away from someone.

We can ask who is stronger Hulk or Thor, or how come people don't know Clark Kent is Superman as part of the entry requirements.

That should separate the Valued from the Riff-Raff.

oh wait that would be some kind of test.