• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preferred Storage Box for Graded Books?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm not a huge slab collector, but I have accumulated a handful and would like a more legitimate place to put them. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for storage boxes designed for encased books. I appreciate any and all input! Thanks!

I buy this brand, though right now prices have jumped quite a bit so look around for better deals price-wise:

Amazon.com: BCW Short Comic Box - 10 ct : Office Products

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 12/11/2021 at 2:22 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I buy this brand, though right now prices have jumped quite a bit so look around for better deals price-wise:

Amazon.com: BCW Short Comic Box - 10 ct : Office Products

Do those fit graded books? They look like standard short boxes to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:23 AM, Yale Stewart said:

Do those fit graded books? They look like standard short boxes to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Sorry, I was not specific. This particular brand also sells CGC Slab size boxes: Amazon.com: (5) Graded Comic Storage Boxes - Holds 35-40 Graded Comic Books - WHITE by Max Pro : Office Products

On 12/11/2021 at 2:30 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Sorry, I was not specific. This particular brand also sells CGC Slab size boxes: Amazon.com: (5) Graded Comic Storage Boxes - Holds 35-40 Graded Comic Books - WHITE by Max Pro : Office Products

Gotcha! Yeah, I was poking around on the BCW site and was thinking their standard cardboard box would probably be fine for my needs.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:33 AM, Yale Stewart said:

Gotcha! Yeah, I was poking around on the BCW site and was thinking their standard cardboard box would probably be fine for my needs.

I have had comics in this brand of boxes for a very long time. No complaints. Good luck! :fourleafclover:

I started to use these for my nicer slabs (BCW Graded Comic Book Bin)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4S97PY?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-ypp-ro-model_ypp_ro_model_k0_1_4&crid=1BIVUKB2N532V&sprefix=cgc+

The plastic for them holds up better and easier to stack.  Some assembly is required (and it's a little annoying) and they do not hold as many slabs as the regular boxes, just to be warned.  

Not to derail the OP's thread, but SHEESH!!!  The prices on this stuff!!!  I'm glad I'm making room in my BCW boxes for other slabs.  Stuff is just too expensive these days. :facepalm:

I will say +1 to the BCW Plastic Bins. I have really enjoyed them. Enough so that as I have been reworking my comic room I have been slowly migrating everything into them. 20211213_104009.thumb.jpg.0da39da36a5aa3244380081d40cb450e.jpg

On 12/13/2021 at 10:27 AM, fonebone6166 said:

I started to use these for my nicer slabs (BCW Graded Comic Book Bin)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4S97PY?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-ypp-ro-model_ypp_ro_model_k0_1_4&crid=1BIVUKB2N532V&sprefix=cgc+

The plastic for them holds up better and easier to stack.  Some assembly is required (and it's a little annoying) and they do not hold as many slabs as the regular boxes, just to be warned.  

I agree, the black plastic bins for graded comics are great.  I just wish they made them for graded magazines too!