• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CREEPSHOW Stephen King
4 4

15 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, jokiing said:

1982.... I recently sent my copy to Joey for pressing and then onto CGC. Should see it by next Christmas.

That's great! I thought it might be a recent prop. In nice shape! No way I'd send it to CGC at this time, but best of luck! Top holders for me all the way.

9.6 after C&P.

My copy is a reader, but in decent condition.  I would read my dad’s copy late at night when I was supposed to be sleeping.  My dad caught me with it once, but he let me keep it.  It’s in a box somewhere with all my Stephen King novels. 🤣🤣

On 12/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, jokiing said:

1982.... I recently sent my copy to Joey for pressing and then onto CGC. Should see it by next Christmas.

You must know someone.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, Galen130 said:

9.6 after C&P.

My copy is a reader, but in decent condition.  I would read my dad’s copy late at night when I was supposed to be sleeping.  My dad caught me with it once, but he let me keep it.  It’s in a box somewhere with all my Stephen King novels. 🤣🤣

I would definitely slab it, it's seriously undervalued... it's a Stephen King 1st Print. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

9.2, and agreed that this is pretty strongly undervalued (if this is a first print).

There are many printings of this book. The 1984 publications were by New American Library (here publishing as Plume); the book was reprinted by Gallery 13 in 2017. It's really easy to tell the two publishers' books apart; all of the NAL books have the Plume logo at FC UR. The Gallery 13 reprints (there are at least two printings of this reprint) do not; beyond that, I don't actually know very much about the distinguishing marks on the different prints of the Gallery 13 books.

However, having an NAL copy is  not enough to ensure you've got a first printing! First, there are Book Club Editions, easily identified from the back cover. These have no price, no ISBN at LL, and say "Book Club Edition" at LR (among other differences). CGC has identified a "Book Club Edition/Second Print" and a "Book Club Edition/Fourth Print". The non-Book Club version also went to multiple printings (both I and CGC know of 6th printing copies). It's possible that the Book Club print numbers are independent of the printing numbers for the book with the normal back cover; CGC has separate census entries for the aforementioned "Book Club Edition/Second Print" and a "Second Printing". It's equally possible that they're simply in error; recent QA problems aside, this isn't the sort of thing CGC is best at. So, at the very least, I can state that the following books exist: 1st print, Book Club 2nd, 3rd, Book Club 4th, 5th, 6th. Other combinations of back cover text and indicia printing number may be possible. Have fun!

Regardless, this book is really tough in grade. For the first printing, there are 10 9.8U currently on census, 11 9.6U, and a scattering of lower grades / sig series books. If the dedicated top-tier Stephen King collectors ever decide that high grade copies of this belong in their collections alongside the various King limited edition books, existing copies will disappear rapidly. Indeed, I imagine that's where many of the graded copies already are.