• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KINGSMAN 4 (3) Starring Taron Egerton (TBD)

10 posts in this topic

Kingsman 4 (3) Starts Filming in September (Exclusive)

A fourth film in the Kingsman franchise and third which tells the story of Taron Egerton's Eggsy is all set to begin filming in September of 2022. While promoting The King's Man, a prequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service and Kingsman: The Golden Circle which tells the World War I-era origin story of the spy group, the franchise's producer and director Matthew Vaughn shared the news with ComicBook.com in an exclusive interview. "We're all set to go,' Vaughn said. 'We start filming in September." He teased that this Kingsman 3 will wrap up Eggsy's story.

ComicBook.com's full interview with Vaughn will be available on site and on the official ComicBook.com YouTube channel later this week. A Kingsman 3 is not exactly the big news here, as a -script for the film had previously existed but its future was uncertain following Disney's acquisition of Fox. "I'm really not allowed to say anything, but there is a -script," Egerton revealed in 2019. "It's a really neat idea. That plan, at the moment, is that we'd like to do another one, one more time." Egerton went on to get a bit sentimental about the role, telling fans he'd like to return to the role at least one more time so he could bid farewell to Eggsy in proper fashion.

The King's Man, which hits theaters later this month, introduces a brand new cast and characters to the franchise. Ralph Fiennes, Djimon Hounsou, Harris Dickerson, Gemma Arterton, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and more join the saga but are unlikely to crossover into the third Kingsman film with Egerton and the gang, given their story's World War I timing. That said, stranger things have happened in Kingsman movies than a character living from World War I to 2022. The film screened for members of the press to mostly mixed and some positive reactions earlier this month.

Recently, Egerton reignited hope that the long-awaited Kingsman 3 may not be much further off. Speaking at the Newport Beach Film Festival UK, RadioTimes.com reports that Egerton was asked about his potential return to the series. Cautiously suggesting that another sequel may happen, he offered his hopes for where the next installment would find his character. Egerton expressed interest in exploring a mature and well-experienced Eggsy compared to the first film's rookie.

"I would like to see... if we go back and visit Eggsy, which might happen apparently, I think I want to know what being in that world for 10 years does to your head and I want to see him change.

What is it like to be a 35-year-old Kingsman because I’m not the kid anymore? So, there we are."

1st one was really fun.

2nd one, not so much.  Warped almost entirely, I think, by the desire to shoehorn Colin Firth back into the story.  And I loved Colin Firth in the first one, but I still think this was a poor decision.  

So now, who knows?  Maybe it will be better than the second one since the proverbial deed has been done with Firth, and maybe they can just go back to telling a fun story. 

God forbid they try and shoehorn Mark Strong back into this one....