• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kingsman's THE STATESMAN potential spin-off show (TBD)
1 1

1 post in this topic

One of those spin-offs would actually take the Kingsman franchise to television, and its inspiration came from an unlikely place. While speaking to Screen Rant ahead of The King's Man's release, Vaughn revealed there's an idea in place for a TV show focusing on the Statesman organization. Though he's a bit apprehensive about switching to television, a recent movie-TV hybrid gave him the confidence to develop the Statesman concept. The project in question? Disney+'s Loki. Vaughn said:

Matthew Vaughn: "...And if we did a spinoff TV series, we have a whole really fun idea for Statesman. What's given me confidence, I thought Loki was brilliantly done. I mean, really well done. I saw Loki. So I thought, "Hey, maybe we could do our version of that with the Statesmen, with the American characters and that's the TV spinoff". But I don't know, I'm trying to get through this at the moment. So hopefully people will watch this and this goes well enough that we do King's Man 3 and this and the TV thing, it has to be good. I'm scared of television because it's such a different medium to what I'm used to. Loki, I was really impressed with Loki when I saw Loki. So I liked it a lot."

:wishluck: