• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New submission form
3 3

22 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regarding Chrome, if you clear your cache, does it load?

Regarding the 1982 book, can you tell me which book specifically?

On 12/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, Midwest Comicman said:

I am having a problem adding Uncanny X-men 130 from 1980 in the modern tier

If you type in X-men 130, it will have a proper entry.

It does not become Uncanny until 142

• Administrator
On 12/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, Midwest Comicman said:

I am having a problem adding Uncanny X-men 130 from 1980 in the modern tier

@Midwest Comicman,

We are working on this issue now and hope to have it resolved soon. Some modern dated comics/mags are not displaying as valid for the modern tier.

Side note - The type ahead function needs a minimum of 3 characters to search. If you type "Un" instead of "Unc" it will not appear. 

It appears that a bunch of people created Uncanny X-men 130 entries which is confusing everyone, as it shows it being available.

It does show under X-men 130

On 12/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Matt G said:

@Midwest Comicman,

We are working on this issue now and hope to have it resolved soon. Some modern dated comics/mags are not displaying as valid for the modern tier.

Side note - The type ahead function needs a minimum of 3 characters to search. If you type "Un" instead of "Unc" it will not appear. 

Hi Matt

For that book, it is actually under X-men 130, as the title didn't change until 142 to Uncanny X-men

It just seems that all the entries that appear to be created by other users do not show as valid. 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:06 AM, Midwest Comicman said:

Good call, forgot, go by the indicia not the cover.  But that being said, they should probably remove the incorrect entry

I agree but the system allows users to create entries so it may be difficult to cull every incorrectly created ones. 

@dena

@Matt G

I think that there may be some confusion about which entries where entered by CGC or by other users.

For example, here are the options that I see for ASM 252

image.thumb.png.5a667c154cb65dac28403d8073c84c4e.png

I know that the top and bottom ones are valid but are the other two entered by CGC or by one of your users?

The Newsstand Canada is the same as the Canadian Prive Variant.

Also, in the past, CGC would not distinguish between direct and newsstand editions unless the cover price was different for the newsstand.  Is CGC going to segregate these copies where the price isn't different or was this created by one of your users?

It just may be confusing for some if other users think that CGC entered that into their database and does not know that it was created by one of your users.

Thanks--Greg

On 12/15/2021 at 10:20 AM, dena said:

if you clear your cache

Curious if this is going to continue to be an ongoing problem?

Sign in issues.. Clear Cache..

Now Submission Form issues.. Clear Cache..

Are they working on figuring out the underlying cause that seems to go back to clear your cache so that this doesn't continue or get worse?

Thank you. 

• Administrator
On 12/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, Bluetomb said:

Having a bunch of issues trying to submit to modern tier:

Amazing Spider-man 601 from 2009
Moon Knight #3 1:15 from 2021
Marvel Comics Star Wars Darth Vader #3 2015

Thanks

We identified a bug for some modern dated books and hope to have a resolution asap.

Thank you

• Administrator
On 12/15/2021 at 1:17 PM, greggy said:

@dena

@Matt G

I think that there may be some confusion about which entries where entered by CGC or by other users.

For example, here are the options that I see for ASM 252

image.thumb.png.5a667c154cb65dac28403d8073c84c4e.png

I know that the top and bottom ones are valid but are the other two entered by CGC or by one of your users?

The Newsstand Canada is the same as the Canadian Prive Variant.

Also, in the past, CGC would not distinguish between direct and newsstand editions unless the cover price was different for the newsstand.  Is CGC going to segregate these copies where the price isn't different or was this created by one of your users?

It just may be confusing for some if other users think that CGC entered that into their database and does not know that it was created by one of your users.

Thanks--Greg

Thanks for the info, Greg. I think those are old entries that have since been corrected but are being pulled from a table of entries that should not be in use. We are looking into this now and will get this sorted out ASAP.

Hi all, I just wanted to add to this topic. With the new submission form, what if you wanted to add a magazine that hasn't been graded before but the issue date encumbers a two month span. For example, this issue is for the months of May and June of 07.

304480921_ScreenShot2021-12-16at12_59_46PM.thumb.png.7dfba9d89ef55306e0d03399583eaeaf.png

The new form only allows you to pick one month. So if I wanted to submit this specific issue, I can only select one publishing month even though the issue is for 2 months. 

566332869_ScreenShot2021-12-16at1_01_10PM.thumb.png.17165c878398e8e7d0dcf3f90aba72c4.png

Should we just go off of the first month? Any help would be appreciated!