• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

extra staple manufacturing bottom of whole book?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

That's very strange. I don't put a lot of stock in the graders' notes, but I don't think I've ever seen anything as seemingly random as those before. That said, clearly, wherever these invisible extra manufacturing staples are, they didn't impact the grade. If anything, I'm more than a little surprised this got a 7.5 with that bottom edge...

On 12/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, Qalyar said:

That's very strange. I don't put a lot of stock in the graders' notes, but I don't think I've ever seen anything as seemingly random as those before. That said, clearly, wherever these invisible extra manufacturing staples are, they didn't impact the grade. If anything, I'm more than a little surprised this got a 7.5 with that bottom edge...

I'd agree with that...I'm not inclined to complain :-)

It could be that the extra staples are only attached to the interior of the book---it's rare, but it does happen sometimes. That would help explain why there isn't a note on the label.

And the extra staples wouldn't affect the grade, but that bottom edge looks like it sustained significant impact damage...  :(

When I read the notes I imagine a book that has staples lining the whole top and bottom of book. (Thankfully and clearly not the case)

There has to be a better way to convey/word  what the actual issue is with these. :facepalm:

I’ve seen “top of whole book” or “bottom of whole book” as a descriptor in notes, but usually in the context of creasing, folds, chipping, etc. My guess is the grader was trying to say something about the flaw on the bottom and had a brain freeze.