• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyperion?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

He was created as a Superman copy in the first place - per WIkipedia:  Hyperion is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, of which there are several notable versions. The original Hyperion made his debut in The Avengers #69 (Oct. 1969), created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Sal Buscema.[1] The alternate versions are each from a different dimension of the Marvel Multiverse, and consist of both heroes and villains. Thomas says that the character was intended as a pastiche of DC's iconic hero Superman.

I still haven't seen Eternals, but I want Ikaris as the MCU's Superman. I'm definitely not a biased fan of Richard Madden..... no sir..... 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, Readcomix said:

Hyperion…Sentry…Blue Marvel….Gladiator…Yadda yadda yadda

It’s a typical comics nerd discussion. I’m happy to participate.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/16/2021 at 1:02 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why does Marvel need a Superman? ???

There are always going to be characters very similar to an archetype such as Superman, anyway.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The MCU doesn't know how to handle power and personality; That's why all of their characters are nerfed into the ground. They would have no idea what to do with Hyperion, because he isn't charming or complex like Kal-El.

The Squadron Sinister’s version of Hyperion is closer to Black Adam as a character. A thug rather than charming.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The MCU doesn't know how to handle power and personality; That's why all of their characters are nerfed into the ground. They would have no idea what to do with Hyperion, because he isn't charming or complex like Kal-El.

Mybe you need to read John Hickmans take on Hyperion Mybe you change your mind!

On 12/16/2021 at 9:09 AM, Ken Aldred said:

The Squadron Sinister’s version of Hyperion is closer to Black Adam as a character. A thug rather than charming.

I agree if the mcu brings in Hyperion they should use him as a villain slash anti hero!

On 12/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Happy Birthday!!

How%20to%20Find%20the%20Perfect%20GIF%20

image.png