• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SPOILERS WELCOMED thread
2 2

168 posts in this topic

The, 'cast original spell to fix the big problem', bothers me the most. It's glaringly bad plot convenience. Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything else that holds this movie back much, if at all. It's slow in places, but IMO those moments were earned. After thinking about it, Strange not showing up is also convenient, but it's a Spider-Man movie so I can roll with it.

I did not care for Zendaya in the last 2 movies, but she's actually charming in this one and it feels like she belongs.

Felt like this one crammed all of the humor into specific places, which gives drama to a lot of moments (and I really like that), so sometimes it can feel heavy but I think that it's fairly well-balanced.

The one thing that they did not do - that I wanted - was the Sinister Six. That's the 1 criticism I hold full-well knowing that it's not the movie's fault. I do not hold it against No Way Home, but it's a thought that I cannot shake.

I'm pretty excited to see it again today. I really hope that half of the theater doesn't applaud for every damn reference. "Oh, a Miles Morales wink. *clap clap clap*" My theater clapped at the dumbest stuff, like when the 3 Spider-Men hugged. Give me a break. I get that it has some Endgame-level hype and payoffs, but these kids did it like 25 times, and as I mentioned some unhinged people screamed their lungs out (multiple times). Let me watch the movie with reasonable peace.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:13 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The, 'cast original spell to fix the big problem', bothers me the most. It's glaringly bad plot convenience. Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything else that holds this movie back much, if at all. It's slow in places, but IMO those moments were earned. After thinking about it, Strange not showing up is also convenient, but it's a Spider-Man movie so I can roll with it.

I did not care for Zendaya in the last 2 movies, but she's actually charming in this one and it feels like she belongs.

Felt like this one crammed all of the humor into specific places, which gives drama to a lot of moments (and I really like that), so sometimes it can feel heavy but I think that it's fairly well-balanced.

The one thing that they did not do - that I wanted - was the Sinister Six. That's the 1 criticism I hold full-well knowing that it's not the movie's fault. I do not hold it against No Way Home, but it's a thought that I cannot shake.

I'm pretty excited to see it again today. I really hope that half of the theater doesn't applaud for every damn reference. "Oh, a Miles Morales wink. *clap clap clap*" My theater clapped at the dumbest stuff, like when the 3 Spider-Men hugged. Give me a break. I get that it has some Endgame-level hype and payoffs, but these kids did it like 25 times, and as I mentioned some unhinged people screamed their lungs out (multiple times). Let me watch the movie with reasonable peace.

That's why I now watch movies at home.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:17 AM, D84 said:

That's why I now watch movies at home.

This type of behavior is not typical at the kinds of theater I attend. At least, it didn't used to be. It seemed like more than half of the audience were high school kids and knew each other.

I'm going to the same theater at a different location. I'll find out at today's afternoon showing whether or not the atmosphere has changed, or it was just because high school kids cannot control themselves.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This type of behavior is not typical at the kinds of theater I attend. At least, it didn't used to be. It seemed like more than half of the audience were high school kids and knew each other.

I'm going to the same theater at a different location. I'll find out at today's afternoon showing whether or not the atmosphere has changed, or it was just because high school kids cannot control themselves.

Hopefully it will be better today!

On 12/17/2021 at 11:00 AM, manetteska said:

Good movie, I just wonder how amazing it would have been if the trailers were limited to the first 5 mins of the film. And the surprises were actually surprises.

We all knew this would be a live action Spider-Verse movie, no real surprise there. The movie's direction with Aunt May completely blindsided me. That's a surprise I did not see coming.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:11 AM, @therealsilvermane said:
On 12/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, manetteska said:

Good movie, I just wonder how amazing it would have been if the trailers were limited to the first 5 mins of the film. And the surprises were actually surprises.

We all knew this would be a live action Spider-Verse movie, no real surprise there. The movie's direction with Aunt May completely blindsided me. That's a surprise I did not see coming.

We all did? Without the trailers which then led to additional speculation?

On 12/17/2021 at 11:15 AM, manetteska said:

We all did? Without the trailers which then led to additional speculation?

I suppose all the trailers with villains from past franchises helped fuel speculation to what this movie would be. You're right.

But really, it's so hard to keep secrets in movies these days anyway what with all the leaks. Might as well make it part of the marketing. And it was kind of an amazing marketing push, with fan excitement built up with and massive speculation that actually paid off, unlike WandaVision.  At least the No Way Home trailers kept the movie's main guest stars out of the trailers.