• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SPOILERS WELCOMED thread
2 2

168 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This movie reinforced that Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-Man, IMO. What a performance. All 3 of them were great, but Garfield can channel emotion so much better than the others. Did you guys ever see the deleted scene with his dad for TASM2?

Agreed. Even my personal favourite spiderman is Andrew Garfield.

For an 11 AM showing that theater was packed!

My favorite of the MCU Spider-Man films. But I still lean towards Spider-Man 2 (2004) and Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse as the stronger Spidey films because the majority of those films were intense and exciting. No Way Home if not for the second half of this film this would be a mediocre movie. But once the action got going, it was fantastic.

:banana::banana::banana:

On 12/18/2021 at 2:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This type of behavior is not typical at the kinds of theater I attend. At least, it didn't used to be. It seemed like more than half of the audience were high school kids and knew each other.

I'm going to the same theater at a different location. I'll find out at today's afternoon showing whether or not the atmosphere has changed, or it was just because high school kids cannot control themselves.

Yeah it isn't typical for me either. I live in Sydney people are usually quiet like they are in a library - but this movie people were going nuts. Especially when Matt Murdock and Tobey appeared

On 12/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I forgot that guy was even in this that's how crazy this movie was. I also only got to hear half his dialogue as all the whooping and hollering from the audience made me deaf for about 30 or 40 seconds.

Tell your son to calm down

On 12/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, MV said:

How does the spell at the end work? Does MJ wonder who this random guy is that she has 100 photos of on her mobile phone? 

I was thinking how the spell works is not only do they forget who he is but also any reference that would allow them to know who he is. Including pictures and voicemail.

Even poor Happy didn't know he was Aunt May's relative after all they had been through.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, JasonTodd69 said:

Agreed. Even my personal favourite spiderman is Andrew Garfield.

I can say that Amazing Spider-Man is still my favorite of the past Spider-Man movies. Raimi's horror cartoon approach to the character was fun, but I appreciated the indie film approach to the character that ASM took, I dug the way Peter explored his new powers in the film, and I loved the obvious chemistry between Garfield and Stone. Then Sony(or whoever pushed for it) went and ruined a lovely story by trying to be the MCU with ASM2.

No Way Home is the Super Bowl of Spider-Man movies and Tom Holland is the MVP. His Peter finally got to experience the tragedy that plagues Peter Parker and Holland really stepped up to the plate.

The Murdock cameo was pretty cool.  Aunt May was a surprise.  I liked the Goblin in this one much better than in the Tobey movie.  so glad they ditched that stupid costume.  Dafoe looks like the goblin enough normally and he did steal every scene he was in.  
The first end credit made me glad I never wasted my time with the Venom movie.  Is that really the Venom voice?  Awful. 
Really enjoyed the movie though.  Lots of fun. 

On 12/18/2021 at 3:57 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I can say that Amazing Spider-Man is still my favorite of the past Spider-Man movies. Raimi's horror cartoon approach to the character was fun, but I appreciated the indie film approach to the character that ASM took, I dug the way Peter explored his new powers in the film, and I loved the obvious chemistry between Garfield and Stone. Then Sony(or whoever pushed for it) went and ruined a lovely story by trying to be the MCU with ASM2.

No Way Home is the Super Bowl of Spider-Man movies and Tom Holland is the MVP. His Peter finally got to experience the tragedy that plagues Peter Parker and Holland really stepped up to the plate.

To be honest, I agree with you but personally Andrew has a touch of what Spiderman should be like. His movements, the cracks, swinging actions and suits are og. Humour on the tom Holland's side feels pushed or forced.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:57 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

However, raimi Spiderman is something that effected are childhoods to some extent. Well on my end, I'm a huge Spiderman fan since Childhood. Even now, alot of my family members and my childhood barber calls me Spiderman lol. Raimi Spiderman actually introduced what Spiderman is to the world after stan lee.