• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help me identify these marks on this blue label Avengers 1?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Looks like a friction or a color rub? The white spots around the letters and above and below. I have the grader notes and nothing mentioned.

Based on the marks all around it seems like just general wear and tear but wanted to get expert opinions 

I posted this in General but figured it was better here :)

Edit: or maybe something was on the printer?

6792E8F1-9DF4-4DBA-BEB7-A5C6E5AEB4AB.jpeg

Edited by Venomous72

On 12/16/2021 at 6:04 PM, Venomous72 said:

Looks like a friction or a color rub? The white spots around the letters and above and below. I have the grader notes and nothing mentioned.

I don't think so.  The translucent "white" areas look like residue from a spill-type moisture stain, and the missing ink looks like the type of delamination that can occur when something is placed on top of a book with a moist/wet cover (which is then allowed to dry).  Do the grader notes mention any type of significant moisture staining?

On 12/17/2021 at 2:39 AM, zzutak said:

I don't think so.  The translucent "white" areas look like residue from a spill-type moisture stain, and the missing ink looks like the type of delamination that can occur when something is placed on top of a book with a moist/wet cover (which is then allowed to dry).  Do the grader notes mention any type of significant moisture staining?

Yep! Water stains on the top back cover and on the top front cover. Must have been a bit in this area too! 

i was also thinking these could be like tape pulls from a price sticker from back in the day

thanks!

Edited by Venomous72