• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book grades and notes.
2 2

2 posts in this topic

Just wondering about some grades I got back. Got couple of 9.2 and 9.4. So I went to look at grader notes and they didn’t have any. Ummmmm… so what was wrong with the books if no notes detailing the issues. Just curious if this a norm for cgc. Thx

They don't always have notes, and there is no requirement that they do.  It's hit and miss.

The notes are mostly for grader to grader, pointing out things that they see that maybe the next grader might miss, not always the obvious flaws.  Like if there is a full length subscription crease that breaks color, it might not be noted because it is impossible to miss it.

I have had comics that are 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 not have notes while others of the same grades did.  On the flip side, someone recently posted in the forum that they got grader notes on a 9.8. 

Grader notes can be a liability for CGC.  The more notes there are, the more opportunities for the submitter to disagree with the findings, dissect it, complain about it.  Vague or non-existent notes leave no room to knit pick.