• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Question
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, goldsilverap said:

I have been wondering this for a while now, but has anyone had any success with making an offer for books that have already sold?

I've wondered the same. Have you tried making any offers? I can't remember seeing where any offers were actually accepted.

for a long time as a Heritage buyer I was not aware the books I had purchased were automatically listed on the Heritage site as "make offer to owner". I received offers for books I did not want to sell and figured they were just users who figured out who bought it somehow. Once I learned about the setting I have since turned mine to "off".

I have made offers to owners, and almost all of them replied that they were not interested in selling so I suspect it is more of what I experienced.

The color-coding is done to help prospective buyers, and is based on a selection the owner makes on their end. Books which don't show the offer option indicate that the owner made the selection which disables the option. Here is what the different colors mean:

Green: This item's owner is actively responding to (though not necessarily routinely accepting) offers. Most owners in this category are still actively buying, and therefore interested only in offers where they can net (after our 10% fee) an amount sufficiently above today's market value. Owners in this category seldom counter-offer, and will usually simply reject offers placed at current auction values or lower

Yellow: This item's owner would consider the right offer, but isn't actively participating and doesn't respond to most offers

Orange: Owner's willingness to entertain and respond to offers has not yet been verified

Yes,  I have used this option many times.  Most of my offers have been rejected but this is how I managed to acquire my Giant Size Spider-Man 4 CGC 9.8 white pages.   Wether it’s HA, CLink, MySlabbedComics, CGC boards, IG or eBay I always send offers even if the book isn’t for sale.  The worst they can do is reject it or ignore you.  I’ve had pretty good luck with this method, bottom line is that it never hurts to ask.  The key is to make a reasonable offer, low balling someone will get you no where.