• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supposed Action Comics #1 Sale of $4.5M
6 6

62 posts in this topic

Supposedly the best ungraded copy is the Larson - anecdotally an 8.0.  But, to hit $4.5 million, wouldn't AC 1 need to be a fresh to the market copy that is in a higher range?  

Or did Hariri free his under copy from the holder and sell that?

Either way, think this is further proof that the top three books in the hobby are AC 1, D27 and Supes 1.  Sorry AF 15.

On 12/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, sfcityduck said:

Supposedly the best ungraded copy is the Larson - anecdotally an 8.0.  But, to hit $4.5 million, wouldn't AC 1 need to be a fresh to the market copy that is in a higher range?  

Either way, think this is further proof that the top three books in the hobby are AC 1, D27 and Supes 1.  Sorry AF 15.

How does the rumored sale of an Action 1 provide proof that Superman 1 is better  than AF 15?

On 12/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, Dark Knight said:

Hey what's wrong talking about my Amazing Fantasy on the 15th day of each month :insane:

Guess that depends on what your amazing fantasy is... :baiting:

On 12/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, shadroch said:

How does the rumored sale of an Action 1 provide proof that Superman 1 is better  than AF 15?

It does not.  But the dupes 1 7.0 sale does.  This is just further proof of AC 1 strength if true.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, sfcityduck said:

I would imagine scarcity is the driver not popularity. 

On 12/20/2021 at 12:03 AM, Terry JSA said:
On 12/19/2021 at 4:54 PM, tth2 said:

Sure it can.  Didn't you hear about the "record sale" of Jim Lee's cover OA for X-Men #1?

Oh yes. Definitely “record breaking” when the buyer wants to remain anonymous. lol

And when no details are provided.  I guess at least here, a price was reported.

Edited by tth2

On 12/19/2021 at 8:32 PM, tth2 said:

And when no details are provided.  I guess at least here, a price was reported.

That’s what I meant to refer to. Besides the anonymity part on the buyers end, we literally got no details regarding a sales price. But as you said, we at least have a price that this Action #1 supposedly sold for.