• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supposed Action Comics #1 Sale of $4.5M
6 6

62 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2021 at 7:52 PM, Terry JSA said:
On 12/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, tth2 said:

And when no details are provided.  I guess at least here, a price was reported.

That’s what I meant to refer to. Besides the anonymity part on the buyers end, we literally got no details regarding a sales price. But as you said, we at least have a price that this Action #1 supposedly sold for. 

Not sure what the two of you are talking about here with respect to no details being provided for this monster of a sale.  :bigsmile:

Especially when this misinformed bozo informed dealer :devil:  in his excitement is providing us with a full 9 minutes and 38 seconds of his pearls of wisdom on this particular sale here:  :facepalm:  :screwy:

On 12/19/2021 at 4:41 PM, astrometric said:

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/21/2021 at 3:56 AM, lou_fine said:

Especially when this misinformed bozo informed dealer :devil:  in his excitement is providing us with a full 9 minutes and 38 seconds of his pearls of wisdom on this particular sale here:  :facepalm:  :screwy:

I watched the video and thought this guy is just spewing misinformation. I wouldn’t call Key Collector Comics a reliable source for private sales since we don’t exactly know how they source their data. 

Well, since it sounds like you really enjoyed his little talk on the sale of the Church copy of Action Comics 1 for a mere $4.5M, $4.6M, $4.5M, :devil: then it's your lucky day as you can enjoy this extended 26+ minute version of his talk on the Top 10 GA comic books:  :fear:

On 12/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, aardvark88 said:

Top 10 GA comics went up the last year:

:blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:   :facepalm:

Edited by lou_fine

It’s all guesswork until the books sell.  But when a Superman ! Sells for 2.6M, the 3 better copies values get a bump.  Forgetting the 2 8.0s, the ungraded best copy would blow away 3.6. That the logic. Best copy vs best copy.  The picture is a bit clearer after the 7.0 sale cause before that, Superman 1 sales were far less and it’s all reprints etc.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, Dark Knight said:
On 12/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, Gotham Kid said:

4.5Mil at 0:15, then 4.6Mil at 1:01

After 1 min of viewing the video, I decided not to waste another 8 min of my life...

It was a good 8 min waste of my life :deadhorse:

If you had watched his longer video, you could have heard the part where he said that the Batman 1 in CGC 9.4 would now be worth $6.4M since Heritage had sold one last year for $2.2M?  lol

Well okay, I do believe he was reading the CGC 9.4 valuation amount of $6.4M from the GoCollect website for this one here.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

Well, according to @G.A.tor, information regarding this sale will be revealed next month.

The report by Key Collector Comics got both the book and price wrong. He can’t say anything because the new owner(s) would want to be the ones to break the news themselves.

Link to the other thread:

Edited by Terry JSA