• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So What's the big deal with Spider-man 2099 ( personally I liked Doom 2099 better inquiring minds want to know
1 1

33 posts in this topic

I only read X-Men 2099 and Fantastic Four 2099. FF was pretty bad, and X-Men had something going for it for the first few issues. They (spoiler) killed off an X-Man in issue 3, so they were going for shock value straight away, but unfortunately I lost interest after that. I can't remember if it was because of that dead character or not (I doubt it, her powers were pretty dull). Iirc it did have Ron Lim art though, which is always nice. 

As I recall at least one of the 2099 X-Men got a Toy Biz figure at the time: Meanstreak. It was later used for a Cyclops redeco. Can't recall if they made more than just him, I'm assuming they would have. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 12/19/2021 at 5:53 PM, WEBHEAD said:

I never really liked that run even though I bought the books   tell me what is up with it?

That character is gonna be in the upcoming Spider-Verse movie. Remember how well UF 4 did after the first one? Well speculators and fans are rushing to get as many copies as they can on this book in anticipation for the film. 

FWIW, the first appearance of Doom 2099 is listed as this book (not that anyone asked - but I'm the guy who also can't help but point out that Viggo Mortenson actually broke his foot in that scene in Lord of the Rings and his cry of pain is real. Basically, I like to point out useless stuff that nobody asked about. Kinda cool cover though. Pulled one of these out of a $2 bin at a show last year):

975548739_ScreenShot2022-01-31at10_21_38PM.thumb.png.e2ef44227c143126f582f7cfe19f1dd1.png

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 1/31/2022 at 11:17 PM, William-James88 said:

That character is gonna be in the upcoming Spider-Verse movie. Remember how well UF 4 did after the first one? Well speculators and fans are rushing to get as many copies as they can on this book in anticipation for the film. 

the 2099 spiderman also played a large roll in the superior spiderman and spiderverse arcs